Page 1 of 2
Been keeping a dream journal for about 3 years
Got to the point where I understand my own symbolism pretty well, enabling me to interpret my dreams to a high degree of accuracy.

As time has progressed, this has become easier
they foresee the future or depict current events of my life I'd not had full conscious awareness of;

Dreams are a visual representation of your true essence, understanding them means understanding you

with dreams, its more about the emotion felt than the imagery (not to be confused with symbolism) in that an emotionally dense dream in a mundane environment is more significant than an exciting dream in an emotionally void environment; the emotion felt depicts the nature of the dream

Be real ****ing cool if you could help me understand dream symbolism better by posting some significant dreams you've had and comparing this list of dream symbols and seeing if they relate to/help you interpret your dream

Vehicles:
The passage of Life

Both the size and your relation to the vehicle (i.e. driving/passenger/driving away from/driving towards you/observing/destination etc) affect the significance and meaning of the vehicle pertaining to your life

Buildings:
Progress through Life

Being in a building and the actions taking place within depict your current state in life, the type/size/look/feel of the building each affect this, moving vertically within the building represents moving forwards or backwards in life

Windows:
Observing an event

When looking out a window, the size/your focus on what can be seen is an insight on a certain event currently taking place in your life

Stairs:
Forward/backward motion in Life

Going up or down stairs/escalators/lifts represent moving forwards or backwards in life respectively

Receiving text/IM messages:
dno reli

I've not personally had enough of these in my dreams to know, but the few I've had have been of a similar nature, you could maybe help with this by posting dreams you've seen these in and postulating your hypothesis

Other shit:
the bit you can help me with

Thus far, I've only been able to deduce the meanings of the above, posting symbols and your ideas behind them could help make further conclusions

ofc, everyones symbolism is unique, there are however certain concrete symbols that are universal, as the few above

Post dreams cos they're cool to talk about, tell me if what I've said feels true to your dreams

If you'd like me to have a crack at interpreting a dream that's been on your mind, try to be as vivid as possible. In depth outline how you felt emotionally towards each aspect of the dream, and outline how each symbol related to all the other imagery/yourself.
Last edited by nazigoth at Aug 16, 2013,
i had a dream about a bridge.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
My ex keeps appearing in mine
Please call me Rainer, was 16 and empty minded when I made my profile.

Sometimes I talk to myself too...but never on the internet.
Quote by sashki
I have a lot of dreams where I'm trying to punch someone, but I'm either too weak or really slow like I'm underwater. Am I going to die?

[spoiler="u wanna lash out but aren't quite able to
"]what is holding you back brother?
Last edited by nazigoth at Aug 12, 2013,
when i was like 5 i had a dream a giant goldfish with the face of luther vandross ate my house.

i only knew who that was because there was a giant billboard advertising a jazz station right outside my window. his face was what i woke up to every day for 12 years.
Last edited by soundgarden1986 at Aug 12, 2013,
Quote by sashki
I have a lot of dreams where I'm trying to punch someone, but I'm either too weak or really slow like I'm underwater. Am I going to die?

No, just drown
Please call me Rainer, was 16 and empty minded when I made my profile.

Sometimes I talk to myself too...but never on the internet.
Quote by soundgarden1986
when i was like 5 i had a dream i giant goldfish with the face of luther vandross ate my house.

i only knew who that was because there was a giant billboard advertising a jazz station right outside my window. his face was what i woke up to every day for 12 years.

mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I had a dream that my cat turned into a conical green grape that I carried around in a toilet paper roll.
I've had a lot of dreams recently involving odd physics. I've been falling asleep after reading science books, so it's not odd that it's happening but the dreams themselves are odd and unsettling.
Not too far back I had a dream that I walked into a bathroom and everything on the inside was white and it was far larger than the building that I originally went in to. There were people in white suits using microscopes to look at chocolates on the floor, but I don't think that was important.

Last night I had a dream that I was an electron speeding around this super hot nucleus that seemed to be emitting light. Then I exploded and woke up.

Who knows.
"Dude, am I really thinking or am I, just like, thinking that I'm thinking?" -Bill Nye

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
I don't believe the Big Bang
What do dreams where your teeth fall out mean?

And dreams where a black wolf is biting your head?

Neither can be good, right?
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Quote by Jostry

Obamacare is evil.

Quote by Jostry

Obama wants to eat you.
Quote by Jostry

Insecurity
feeling awkward and shit around people
elaborate for full analysis

Quote by Jostry

Never had one of these to know, but I feel its pretty self explanatory
but, as stated, everyone's symbolism differs
depends how you feel about wolves
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Obamacare is evil.

Obama wants to eat you.

**** off
Quote by progdude93
Quote by Jostry

Apparently those dreams stem from your anxieties about how others perceive you to be. Then again, that's the only theory I know about that dream, so there could be another reason.

EDIT: Nevermind Nazigoth got it already. My mobile can be pretty slow and laggy.
Quote by Kopp2
Just be like me. You will get cool by instant

Dayman

Master of karate and friendship for everyone
Last edited by Doctor.Dolittle at Aug 13, 2013,
Quote by nazigoth
Insecurity
elaborate for full analysis

Never had one of these to know, but I feel its pretty self explanatory
but, as stated, one's symbolism differs
depends how you feel about wolves

The one with teeth falling out happened when I was in 5th grade (somewhere around that time period) and I was taking a shower, and suddenly all my teeth were realky loose out of nowhere, and I moved my front teeth and they got crooked and then fell out. And I saw this happen in 3rd person.

And the wolf one confuses me because you would expect that it means death or something to that extent, but I looked it up, and some sites said black wolves mean the dark side of my friend is starting to show, and other said something about loyality. So idk?

But none of them talked about a wolf eating your head specifically.
Quote by progdude93
Quote by nazigoth

Well shitting around people makes the best of us feel awkward so I'd say this is normal.
Quote by Jostry

This is the most common dream in the world iirc
most of dreams involve meeting up with attractive girls i haven't seen in over 5 years and then going places like their houses (that i've never been to) but their houses transform into larger buildings where a party is being held full of people i don't know.

then there's that really weird one...
Quote by genghisgandhi
This is the most common dream in the world iirc

What about the dream where you go to class wearing only your underwear, or even being nude?
Quote by Kopp2
Just be like me. You will get cool by instant

Dayman

Master of karate and friendship for everyone
I've been having dreams lately where I'll be randomly walking aimlessly and then find a dollar. Then soon after I'll find another and another then I'll maybe find five then twenty, then a random wad of various bills and I just keep finding more? It's really weird. One was in a totally random and or made up place. Then the other was me walking down the street about a mile away from my apartment by the strip club .
"Could everyone please stop sounding like everyone else that's trying to sound like meshuggah?"

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91
Kurt Cobain, the best guitarist to ever live.

Last edited by brandon2784 at Aug 13, 2013,
I had a dream a few nights ago that I was Batman and the only way to save Gotham City from a horrible fate was to beat Bane in a 3 set match of Tennis on the kiddie courts at the YMCA. I woke up just as I was serving the match point. Also, Bane sucked hard at Tennis.

What's the symbolism there?
when i was a child i had a dream that me and my mom were just casually walking down the street and i was dragging my coat on the sidewalk and she kept ordering me to stop it but i'd just be like "nah". she told me that if i didnt stop the police would take me away and put me in jail and i was just like "lolnah", thinking it would never happen to me. then the police came and took me to jail and i cried a lot.

ill always remember that dream, i guess because of the sheer psychological impact it had on me. brutally slaughtered my inner child, it did. shit was like SURPRISE REALITY CHECK MOTHER****ER: BAD THINGS CAN ACTUALLY HAPPEN TO YOU and it just blows my innocent little boy brain into a million scared and confused pieces leaving me with nothing but a dreadful realization of my utter insignificance and vulnerability
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I dream that I'm playing video games sometimes. Or when I'm drunk I cant figure out some of the physics/math I've learned in the past year so I have a really troubled sleep.
Quote by sashki

I have dreams just like this all the time! I have no idea what they mean though. Strangely, it's usually a friend or family member I'm trying to hit. Only very occasionally has it been an enemy. Can anyone help me out with this?
Pestilent winds
Rotting earth
Fire streaks the skies
Slow decay
Putrid stench
The Light chokes and dies
Ave finis!
Ave finis!
Ave finis!
...In vacuo...
I've seen the future in dreams for sure.

Like my grandfather dying or my ex losing feelings for me.

Also have reoccuring dreams of my teeth falling out

I've also dreamt that I'm in a fight but too weak to punch
Last edited by Peaceful Rocker at Aug 13, 2013,
Quote by jakesmellspoo
most of dreams involve meeting up with attractive girls i haven't seen in over 5 years and then going places like their houses (that i've never been to) but their houses transform into larger buildings where a party is being held full of people i don't know.

then there's that really weird one...

You want to bang
Quote by progdude93
Quote by sashki

this dream is as common as dreaming of your teeth crumbling and falling out.
I only ever dream of ****ing my ex girlfriends. And sometimes I'm a ghost.
Listen. I'm sorry.
I often dream about aliens coming to earth. UFOs all over my dreams, man.
Also when I was a kid I had a reccuring dream of me dying in a car naked. I don't feel really comfortable driving a car now.
Once I had a dream that I was Ironman and I went around flying and killing people in ghetto neighborhoods at night.

...what does that mean?
Quote by Peaceful Rocker

Also have reoccuring dreams of my teeth falling out

I've also dreamt that I'm in a fight but too weak to punch

I must've dreamt the exact same two dreams a million times.

The most common interpretation for teeth falling out is the immiment death of a loved one. Or you could just be like me and be scared of being toothless.
Last night I had a dream that Taylor Swift asked me to buy her a milkshake so I went and got her a milkshake and we both drunk our milkshakes together.

Also I have a recurring dream where I'm trapped in a futuristic, abandoned, shopping centre.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Some lady was fighting another lady trying to protect her child, then she pulled out a handsaw and started sawing at the lady from her vagina upwards. I can still hear the lady screaming. Not sure who the ladies were.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
You all have a secret desire to have sex with your mothers.

Eh. I don't have recurring dreams but they're usually horrible. I lucid dream a lot unintentionally and have semi-control over them, but not total control, and something nasty usually happens.

Then again sometimes I just dream I go shopping and buy awesome shit. And then I wake up, look for the things I've bought, and realise that it was a dream an hour later.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I had this dream where i was aware of the transition between being awake and falling asleep and instantly dreaming. I was in a huge garden type maze where it was night but everything was loads of different shades of blue and some of the plants were glowing an azure colour and stuff. I was walking everywhere and I saw every now and these huge enclosed ponds/lakes at the bottom of some slopes and they were glowing too. It was all really silent, like you could have cut it almost (the silence). Eventually I found this beach where the sand was blue and this boat made of blue glass rose out from it and it took me across the sea to this island I could see far off. On the island it was a continuous ascent. At the top I met this ancient guy who said this place is where people who have died go and anyone alive in garden/maze is asleep. He said I wasn't meant to be awake and I should get out of the maze/garden thing. I went back to the beach by boat and saw some 'white horses' in the waves (except they were blue). I started wandering around until I found these niches along a 'corridor' formed by the hedges in the maze. in the niches were people that were asleep and and then I got pulled into one by these branches/vines, they pierced my arms, legs, neck any bare part of my skin and started pumping this dark blue stuff in me and then i heard them telling I had to sleep. I then saw opposite me in a niche this girl that at the time I'd practically completely fallen in love with but she was with someone else. eventually this blue stuff knocked me out and I woke up.

This was two years ago and it doesn't make much sense at times :S

Also a couple of nights ago I dreamt I was taking part in some murder mystery thing in what I believed to be my school(a great big gothic cathedral mansion type thing) with a girl in my year(not the previously mentioned girl). We were looking for clues when we found a passageway that led into our assembly hall but it allowed us to find this cupboard we would never have found any other way. Inside I found this golden Quaich which was covered in loads of shapes that were continuously changing and inscribed inside it were the words: Ellusionism Illusion. Then there was a big flash of light and all of a sudden it was daytime( it had been the evening beforehand), the girl was gone too. I ran out shouting her name and found myself in the middle of an assembly in the hall. I found out that I'd been missing for 6 months, but everyone said they weren't worried and that it was ok, they were all saying it like they were kinda hiding something, about a week went by, I couldn't find out anymore and then woke up.

This one's confusing too. :s
A female friend of mine had a dream about a threeway with me and another female friend, im a guy. She has a boyfriend and i dont get it.. id like to do it though Any thoughts? When i think about "the deepest wishes" of a person, that would mean shes not happy with her relationship. But on the other hand she always tells me she is. I dont know.
Page 1 of 2