Hey all,

I got a question, if i put the ohm selector on 4ohm (amp) and i hook up 2 4ohm cabs is that ok or do i have to put the ohm selector on 8ohm cause 2 outputs of amp running at 4ohm than?
Gear:
Dean Cemetery Gates Razorback
MXR Dime Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
ISP Decimator
EH LPB-1
Peavey 6505
D'addario strings, DR strings
Dunlop picks
I suppose that would depend on the amp.

Are the output jacks parallel?
If the cabs are in series you set for 8 ohms, if they are running parallel you can't do it. There is no case where 2 4 ohm cabs = 4 ohms.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
it's paralleled says the amp
Gear:
MXR Dime Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
ISP Decimator
EH LPB-1
Peavey 6505
Dunlop picks
Quote by Kriske11
it's paralleled says the amp

What amp exactly are we discussing?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
peavey 6505
Gear:
MXR Dime Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
ISP Decimator
EH LPB-1
Peavey 6505
Dunlop picks
What cabs are you running? I know some Marshalls have a mono 4ohm and 16ohm input.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
There is a difference between "paralleled output" and stereo. Paralleled output means that if you hook up two 8 ohm cabs then the result will be 4 ohms. Stereo means that if you hook up two 8 ohm cabs then the result is an 8 ohm load for each of the stereo channels.
Last edited by fly135 at Aug 13, 2013,
Quote by fly135
There is a difference between "paralleled output" and stereo. Paralleled output means that if you hook up two 8 ohm cabs then the result will be 4 ohms. Stereo means that if you hook up two 8 ohm cabs then the result is an 8 ohm load for each of the stereo channels.

Yes, I believe we all know this, but given the limited information, questions needed to be asked.
Quote by Kriske11
if i put the ohm selector on 4ohm (amp) and i hook up 2 4ohm cabs is that ok or do i have to put the ohm selector on 8ohm cause 2 outputs of amp running at 4ohm than?

It's not going to work, you can't use 2 4-ohm cabs.

amp set to 4-ohms = 1 4-ohm cab or 2 8-ohm cabs
amp set to 8-ohms = 1 8-ohm cab or 2 16-ohm cabs

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by psrj32
Yes, I believe we all know this, but given the limited information, questions needed to be asked.
Sorry, I can see how you would think that my post was a response to you. It was only to the OP. I saw you ask him about the parallel outputs and that affected how I responded. But I didn't intend my post to look like I was informing you of anything you didn't already know.