recently I realized why my hammer/pulls sounded out of time, instead of keeping a solid 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 its 123 123 123 123 when I do it fast. when I do it slow its on time any ideas how to get on time. when I practice across the neck I pick each string to the beat playing the 6th 5th 4th 3th 2th 1th and back and on each string I play 7h8h10 and try to fit all three notes in one beat/pick.

Hope it makes sense that's the only way I know how to explain it.
play trills between every finger to encourage independence
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Metronome is your best friend here, man. If you have a smartphone, you may even be able to buy a metronome app, which would probably be cheaper than an actual metronome.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Aug 13, 2013,
Gibson have a free app that comes with a metronome, search learn and master guitar in the appstore, i have it on android, not sure if its on iOS. Also to help solve your problem find a speed you're not a 100 percent comfortable with and practice until its perfect and then speed up and hopefully that will solve your problem
Quote by Infinitychord95
Gibson have a free app that comes with a metronome, search learn and master guitar in the appstore, i have it on android, not sure if its on iOS. Also to help solve your problem find a speed you're not a 100 percent comfortable with and practice until its perfect and then speed up and hopefully that will solve your problem

Actually, a better is to get to a speed you are comfortable with, then slow it down 8bpm, and then keep increasing the speed.
Legato lesson in my sig. Have the patience to let it load. Learn from the worlds finest.
thanks I figured I'd have to use a metronome but I was hoping I wouldn't. it takes soo long
Quote by wguitarimprov
thanks I figured I'd have to use a metronome but I was hoping I wouldn't. it takes soo long

There are no shortcuts in music, man.