Okay, now this might be an incredibly stupid question, but I'm trying to keep everything on a budget.

So our band needs a PA system for vocals. I've been thinking about picking up a pair of Gem Sound PXB150USB Powered Speakers. Is it at all possible to use both of them for the mic without a mixer?
I can't give any opinion about the speakers or a viable replacement, but looking at the back panel of the speakers it does look like you could connect the mic to one speaker, then run the mix out to the line input on the other.

It's not the most elegant solution but I think it should work. The only problems I can think of are that mixing will be a chore and you might get double colored sound out of the slave.
Last edited by johnnykbop at Aug 13, 2013,
Yeah that works.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by johnnykbop
I can't give any opinion about the speakers or a viable replacement, but looking at the back panel of the speakers it does look like you could connect the mic to one speaker, then run the mix out to the line input on the other.

It's not the most elegant solution but I think it should work. The only problems I can think of are that mixing will be a chore and you might get double colored sound out of the slave.

Thanks. Later on we'll get a mixer, but for now this will do.

Quote by johnnykbop
You might get double colored sound out of the slave.

Sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean.
Quote by Guitarderp
Sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean.

I just meant that if the circuitry of those speakers colors the sound at all that effect is going to be doubled on the second speaker.