side by side
17 26%
curry on top
39 59%
other (specify)
9 14%
Voters: 66.
Page 1 of 2
So when you're sitting down to enjoy a nice big curry with a lovely thick sauce and rice, how do you dish it out? Do the rice and curry sit next to each? Does the curry sit on top of the rice? Do you have some other fantastic method?

I like to arrange the rice round the edge of the plate in the shape of a donut. Then the chicken chunks go on top of the rice then I pour the sauce into the middle to create a little pool. That way the pool is there for dipping naan and poppadoms and when you're done, you break down the walls and the rice and sauce collide.

So what do you all do?
i haven't had curry in a while.

the Thai place i used to go to would give you the rice in a separate bowl and i'd mix it with the curry a little at a time.

man, i could go for some right now.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I mix everything together
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Depends on the curry. If it has a lot of gravy and it low on meat, I pour it on the rice. If it is super thick, I keep it to the side with the edges touching. If I have multiple curries, I try to separate them with walls of rice.

But most importantly, I eat it with my fvcking hands.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I mix it all. That way you have the same amount of sauce for every bite of rice.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
The one time I ever had curry (I really need to have it again - it was quite delicious) everything was mixed.
When I was in England and I had curry, it was served curry-on-top, and half the time I used to mix it in.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
I prefer side by side although it doesn't make a bit of difference really I always mix that to **** anyway
SMILE!
Quote by blake1221
Never had curry because I'm american.

You should
I have curry all the time cuz I'm British
Curry on top but I don't mix them in together. Have to save some rice apart from the sauce if its especially hot.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by Hydra150
You should
I have curry all the time cuz I'm British

I've been meaning to try it but I seldom eat at places that serve it.
Quote by blake1221
I've been meaning to try it but I seldom eat at places that serve it.

Find a recipe online - that's what I did. The ingredients are often easy to find, and it's relatively easy to prepare.

That said, every recipe is a bit different, so be careful. (Look at me, acting like I know what the hell I'm talking about.)
I don't mind either way. Mixing is kind of fun too, especially with flavoured varieties of rice, so you can have one bit that's heavy curry on rice or little curry on rice.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
i think i've only ever had yellow curry.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by DystoCreativity
Find a recipe online - that's what I did. The ingredients are often easy to find, and it's relatively easy to prepare.

That said, every recipe is a bit different, so be careful. (Look at me, acting like I know what the hell I'm talking about.)

I'm shit at making rice and usually a lazy cook so when I try make curry I just use a jar of whatever curry sauce sounded nicest in the supermarket. I mean I cook it with vegetables and add stuff and cook the chicken like a pro, but I never make rice, you an get those nan breads that you just stick in the oven for like five minutes which are good though.
rice is sooooooo easy to cook.

follow this and it'll turn out perfect:
http://allrecipes.com/howto/how-to-cook-rice/
Quote by jakesmellspoo
rice is sooooooo easy to cook.

I'm sure
I think my fear of cooking it is actually because when my mum makes it it usually doesn't turn out too well (in the past, anyway), making me think it's easier to mess up than it is
I don't like my rice drowning in sauce so side by side... and curry on top seems too messy.
I like it served on the side and then I mix it how I like. Hong Kong cafe style
Quote by Hydra150
I'm shit at making rice and usually a lazy cook so when I try make curry I just use a jar of whatever curry sauce sounded nicest in the supermarket. I mean I cook it with vegetables and add stuff and cook the chicken like a pro, but I never make rice, you an get those nan breads that you just stick in the oven for like five minutes which are good though.

I just microwave my rice with double the amount of water to rice. Turns out perfect everytime.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Curry on top then mix it all in so everything is nice and equal. If there is more than one curry, i.e family takeaway and it's all pic and mix and match style then they need to be separated, don't be mixing up my curries boyo.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by charlie__flynn
If there is more than one curry, i.e family takeaway and it's all pic and mix and match style then they need to be separated, don't be mixing up my curries boyo.

but that's how you create an ultracurry
madras mixed with korma yes please
Depends. If I'm making curry at home, then I put curry on top of the rice. I've always instinctively disliked making a crater in the rice for the curry to go in, because my mother does that. I guess that's as far as I ever got to rebellion.
If I'm at a restaurant, or eating a takeaway, I'll generally share curries with whoever else is there, so I put rice on my plate, then put a couple of spoonfuls at a time of curry on the side.
I've never had curry but I have had mole and I think they would be similar but I really dont like mole so yeah.
STಠ_ಠ
Quote by Andrea55
I've never had curry but I have had mole and I think they would be similar but I really dont like mole so yeah.

they're not, and mole is awful.
I don't even know what google is or what it even looks like :/
Damn, I'm hungry now but this is a much better thread to opt into than that one about 9/11 with some of the stupidity going on in there...

Anyway, for those who don't know what curry is, or don't have access to it ( ), proper curry is as follows:

First, you have papadoms and assorted dips/chutnies

Then you have your main, which in my case will usually be something along the lines of

(Invalid img)

with this on top

and this to dip in it

Hey, look. Sigs are back.
I recently had curry for the first time when I went to an Indian restaurant for the first time. I don't like anything there other than the salad and some salsa vindaloo thing, including the curry, which was actually disappoint because I really thought that I would like it.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Curry on top. My local Indian does this dish called Palti Murgi which is amazing but I can't find anywhere else. Surely you have Indian restaurants in the US? The idea that it's such a rare thing is truly puzzling to me
Quote by willT08
Curry on top. My local Indian does this dish called Palti Murgi which is amazing but I can't find anywhere else. Surely you have Indian restaurants in the US? The idea that it's such a rare thing is truly puzzling to me

no we have Indian/Thai restaurants. perhaps not quite as many.

but there's also a lot of racists who hate Indians here (i'm sure the UK isn't much different though.)
Quote by jakesmellspoo
no we have Indian/Thai restaurants.

but there's also a lot of racists who hate Indians here (i'm sure the UK isn't much different though.)

Yeah, so?

An Indian and Chinese are staples of anywhere that isn't a village in the UK. Hell most villages will at least have one or the other.
Quote by theogonia777
I recently had curry for the first time when I went to an Indian restaurant for the first time. I don't like anything there other than the salad and some salsa vindaloo thing, including the curry, which was actually disappoint because I really thought that I would like it.

You Americans wouldn't know curry because the best curry is in the UK at some of the authentic restaurants that serve it with a Brit-influenced variation of their ancestral cuisine.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Page 1 of 2