I'm trying to build a guitar using a custom body and a spare Ibanez RG neck a friend of mine had lying around. It's reverse headstock and has two small holes just north of the peg holes, which are causing me some confusion. I've looked on other forums, including forums centered upon Ibanez guitars and cannot find any satisfactory answer to the question of whether I need to buy left-handed tuners or right-handed tuners. What do I need to buy.

Side note: I would very much like to color-coordinate these tuners with a black chrome Floyd Rose that I'll be putting on it, but because I don't know which kind of tuners to buy it's been hard to find the same color. Any leads on the right tuners in the right color would be fantastic.
Attachments:
Headstock (back).jpg
Headstock (front).jpg
The holes are just how the Ibanez tuners are anchored. I looked up pictures of the original guitar and took a look at the back of the headstock and they're pretty much just the regular Ibanez tuners, not locking or anything.
Last edited by johnnykbop at Aug 13, 2013,
Quote by Explorerbuilder
Unless you figure out which ones they were originally, you will just have to buy left handed tuners and drill a hole for the mounting screw.

Doesn't sound like a problem to me.
Quote by johnnykbop
The holes are just how the Ibanez tuners are anchored. I looked up pictures of the original guitar and took a look at the back of the headstock and they're pretty much just the regular Ibanez tuners, not locking or anything.

Normally, locking tuners are the only kind that mount like that. That is why i suggested it.
I guess he could go and find some original ibanez tuners. I didnt think that was an option for him, or i thought he would have done it.
I think the friend that I picked up the neck from has right-handed locking tuners. If I am able to invert them and just drill new holes for the anchors while mounting them so they function, I'll try that. They already match the color of the Floyd Rose, so that's a bonus.