I busted the adjustment ear off the center pickup and cant find a Gifmen replacement anywhere.

any ideas on what I should use?
Last edited by loony22 at Aug 13, 2013,
what type of tones are you after? what's your budget? what country do you live in? (affects prices and availability)

that's assuming you want to buy new pickups. If you're asking how you can fix it, I'm not sure (I saw the first pic, by the way, i can see the link if i click "quote" on your post )
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
(I saw the first pic, by the way, i can see the link if i click "quote" on your post )

How did you.. WTF! I didn't know that was possible...

"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Dimarzio Area 67 is a really nice pickup to put in the middle position. Hum cancelling too so you can get 3 of 5 positions with no hum.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Lavatain

How did you.. WTF! I didn't know that was possible...

I can't take credit for it, I saw someone else mentioning that at some point
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks all,

I'm in the UK, on a budget and clueless with musical instruments.

Not really fussed on the technical side, I just want to be able to carry on learning. I'm using rocksmith and iphone apps for amp sounds. Still an ultra beginner.

If there is a specific replacement for Yamaha pacifica center pickup that will be good.
Last edited by loony22 at Aug 14, 2013,
i'd have thought any fender-strat style single coil pickup should fit. normally they're all interchangeable (i don't want to say "definitely", just in case, but normally they are).

the 2 big problems are (a) even decent-quality pickup upgrades are likely to be an improvement over the stock pickups- if you only swap the middle pickup the other two stock pickups might seem a little bland and (b) if it's a fairly cheap guitar you probably don't want to be spending tons on upgrades.

I've heard some good things about the axesrus pickup sets. I haven't tried them, though.

Just had a flick through their site- I wonder if with one of these you could maybe fix your existing pickup? http://www.axesrus.co.uk/Single-Coil-Pickup-Flatwork-p/uf5uf6.htm

assuming it fits. you could always email to ask them.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by loony22
Thanks all,

I'm in the UK, on a budget and clueless with musical instruments.

Not really fussed on the technical side, I just want to be able to carry on learning. I'm using rocksmith and iphone apps for amp sounds. Still an ultra beginner.

If there is a specific replacement for Yamaha pacifica center pickup that will be good.

there is no "specific" replacement.

u can use any single coil pickup and put it in there.
dont get too fancy, if you dont really even have an
amp to blast it through.

almost any other pup is better than the stock ones that come with the 112.

i have a few in my basement, i'd send you one except the shipping would be worth more than the pickup.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^

any idea if that replacement part i found would work? as you said, the stock pickup's not gonna be great and replacing all 3 is gonna cost a reasonable amount of money

(now i remember i've heard decent things about entwistle and ironstone (for the money, don't expect miracles) and they should be a bit cheaper than axesrus, which seem to be dearer than last time I checked )
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^hey Dave

that part looks good, though there is soldering involved.
dont know if there's a chance the pup might just end up noisy?

not sure, maybe there's a used market there?
people always looking to get rid of old pickups.

edit: also i dont see the wires coming from that pickup in any of the angles. don't know if that's because he moved
the wires out of view? no wires would also be an issue.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Aug 14, 2013,
ah yeah good point. that'd probably be more bother than it's worth.

yeah used might be the way to go. or entwistle or ironstone or something like that, i doubt they're any worse than the stock pickups.

Just to clarify, even new pickups will need to be soldered. but at least it should be fairly straightforward.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I pulled the wires off the pickup so I could try and get it repaired. maybe I should have just cut the wires and re-joined them later on.

thanks for all the advice, I will look into the options.
Assuming you are like many people, you probably use the middle pickup the least. I would think this would be a good time to upgrade the neck pickup, and move to original neck pickup into the middle position. I've owned a few Pac112's over the years (as well as a bunch of other Yammys)....the 112 is a solid nicely made guitar (the exception is the newer 112J model, not so good). Anyway...that's what I would do...I like the Dimarzio Areas in Fender guitars and I usually go to Duncans for my bucker guitars. Good luck.
super fast guitar pickup WIKI needed, ok so what about all these different ohms and resistances, does that matter?

could you link me to a couple of suggestions?
Higher the resistance, the higher the output/hotter the pickup. For example, 5k or 6k is an average output pickup. 9 or 10 is pretty hot, some pickups are insane like 15k+. That's hot as shit.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
^ everything else being equal. the big problem is that once you use different gauges of wire, those comparisons break down.

but yeah, agreed, assuming normal gauges of wire are being used, ~6-7K is normally vintage strat output levels, ~9-10K is vintage hot (maybe even slightly hotter than that) and anything more than that is hot.

"Hot" just means more output, which means more volume if you're running the amp really clean, and more distortion if you're not.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?