A friend of mine gave me an old Peavey guitar body for a build, and I'm trying to figure out what it originally looked like. He said it was pretty old, and that the original finish was an all natural wood color. (he painted the sides black). Any ideas???
Could probably use a little more info...

And maybe a pic of the guitar, too.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Working on it. it says my file is to big, and exceeds the number of PHP's... any idea how to remedy? And a further description: it has the same body shape as the Peavey t-30/t-15, only it has a single humbucker slot, 2 knob holes, a slot for a tremolo bridge, no switch, and the auxiliary is in the side of the guitar and not the front, also I'm pretty sure it never had a pick guard.... thats about all i can give you for now, or at least until i can get a pic up.
Last edited by 18delta at Aug 13, 2013,
Have you tried using imageshack or photobucket to host the picture?

Sounds a little like the Peavey Patriot.
I have one in the attic of my parents (in pieces) that I intend to rebuild one day. Except they're in the UK and I live in Australia.

There were a couple of versions, one with double humbuckers and one with a single (same as mine).

Just a possibility.
Last edited by Slap-happy at Aug 13, 2013,
Not sure how to host the pic... Working on it though. And i just looked at the patriot series, and i don't think thats it, the patriot has more of a strat look. What I'm looking for is more of a reverse jaguar or jazzmaster look. From what the guy told me, its a pretty old guitar probably from around thhe 70's or 80's... maybe earlier, who knows. The guy he bought it from had it sitting in the back of an old guitar shop for years with a busted neck.
It's definitely a discontinued guitar style. But the body shape is closest to the Peavey PXD twenty- three.
Last edited by 18delta at Aug 14, 2013,
You should be able to select the file from your computer's gallery/library, upload it to one of the sites I mentioned above and then you would be able to link the url here.

Not having much luck with the guitar.... going through various pictures online and not seeing too much that fits the bill.
here's the pic!- by the way, i stuck that neck in, it isn't original!
Last edited by 18delta at Aug 14, 2013,
originally just a natural finish, but the sides have been painted black.
I thought it was part of the t-series as well, at first. But after some research, I'm beginning to doubt that, because I'm pretty sure there wasn't a single humbucker model. Also, the body shape is completely different than any I've seen.
ya, i deleted the post before reading yours 'cause noticed body shape differences... The shape looks exactly like a PXD 23 , but that's not the one
Quote by BananaJoe
ya, i deleted the post before reading yours 'cause noticed body shape differences... The shape looks exactly like a PXD 23 , but that's not the one

Looks like one to me. Why do you think it isn't a PXD?

http://www.instrumentwire.com/guitar-ad-e200935961385
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Don't know...but someone could easily have sanded it down for refinishing.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
True... going to interrogate the original owner's son tomorrow.... maybe i can get some kind of answer....