Hello everyone, I'm looking for a used amp and I found this fender frontman reverb. The owner says it's 38w, but when I looked it up I found that it says 38w under input, and some say it's just a 15w practice amp. So if anyone came across this amp before please help me, I don't want a 15w, and I have no way of measuring output power.
This is the pic he sent me:

What do you need the amp, and what is your budget?

That's not a very good amp.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
I just need a 30 to 40w amp, for small gigs, not many effects 'cause I'm counting to buy a multi-effect. So basically good clean with possibility to add some gain to it if possible. The budget is kinda low
What exactly is the budget? A peavey Vypyr would be better than a Frontman, that amps' not going to stand up to gigging at all.
Gear:

Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Not gonna happen. MAYBE a Vypyr 30 used, but that's if you get very lucky.

Simply put, more money required.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
^+1. For a gigging band you really need at least a 40w Tube combo, or the ability to mic your amp through a PA system, that amp will just sound bad.

Look at used Jet City amps and Used Bugeras. Vypyrs would also work but I don't ahve any experience with the tube alternatives.
Gear:

Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
I think, searching after its name, it have a 25 W .I am pretty sure it have a 8inch speaker like my amp, so it should not exed 30W.
If it helps, I already had a good sounding setup for mic'ed and unmic'ed gigs for a small budget with a 100W frontman (solidstate amp), using only a boss GT-8 to emulate amps, distortions and effects (needs a lot of tweaking though). I didn't even used the frontman's preamp, only the power amp section. The GT-8 OUT was going directly in FX return of amp with some global EQ and cabinet emulation from the GT-8.

I found this setup was better sounding with closed combos than open combos, as was my Frontman (I think the amp sims of the GT-8 always lack bass). So if you are looking for a temporary gear set-up before getting the real deal and you are already planning the purchase of a multiFX, maybe a cheap used solidstate 100W combo would do it.
AGEGBand
Guitar / Bass / Keyboard / Back Vocals

Sterling JP50, Fender CP Jazzmaster, Danelectro Danoblaster 12 strings, Aria 5102T, Epiphone LP STD 7 string => Carvin V3M

Peavey Cirrus BXP-5 => Trace Elliot GP7SM250

Korg X50
Last edited by Anthoje at Aug 14, 2013,
I gigged with a band that used a Frontman halfstack, it sounded shite. He didn't really know what he was doing however, but it sounded loud and tinny and bad.
Gear:

Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
You're certainly going to need a higher budget to get an amp that will sound good live. The amp you linked will not cut it, not even close. Ideally you'd want to reach at bare minimum a 300USD range. With 200 you may get a a good deal used though. Perhaps the Vyper tube amps.
Guitars:
-Carvin CS6
-Carvin DC4 w/ Bigsby
-Takamine EG530SC
-Seagull S12QI

Amps:
-Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
-Carvin V3MC
Quote by fa5ri_im
Hello everyone, I'm looking for a used amp and I found this fender frontman reverb. The owner says it's 38w, but when I looked it up I found that it says 38w under input, and some say it's just a 15w practice amp. So if anyone came across this amp before please help me, I don't want a 15w, and I have no way of measuring output power.
This is the pic he sent me:

just to clear this up.

it's going to be a 15w practice amp.

ignore the 38w.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011