Page 1 of 4
Girlfriend finds out whether she got in to Sussex so I'm excited for her. Hope Jay does well as well. You got A2 results Kenan?
I'm 19 and didn't go to University AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Quote by willT08
Girlfriend finds out whether she got in to Sussex so I'm excited for her. Hope Jay does well as well. You got A2 results Kenan?

yea man, got a2 results tomorrow. only one offer for pharmacy at UEA, and it's not looking good, so i'm researching clearing and other courses

good luck to your gf man
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Clearing's fine. My friend missed a place at Oxford and then missed his offer from Warwick by 1 UMS mark. Went through clearing, ended up doing Maths at York. You'll be alright dude
Quote by So-Cal
lol uni what a bunch of nerds

University life - great social friends and partying all nite long (usually).I wouldn't call it nerdy one bit. In fact those who don't go to university really miss out on many great friendsships, relationships and experiences. At 18 year old who didn't go to university has really reduced his/her potential friendship/girlfriend/boyfriend pool so...yeah, sorry if you didn't go. Great experience. You should try it.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Aug 14, 2013,
AS results tomorrow.

I royally F*cked up one of my Computing exams, but who the F.U.C.K. cares?

Universities do.
Quote by Various Artists
AS results tomorrow.

I royally F*cked up one of my Computing exams, but who the F.U.C.K. cares?

Universities do.

That's why you resit boy. I ended up with E,D,U at the end of AS. Left for Uni with a still wank B,C,D but got in to Uni which is all you need to do.
Quote by Harmonius
University life - great social friends and partying all nite long (usually).I wouldn't call it nerdy one bit. In fact those who don't go to university really miss out on many great friendsships, relationships and experiences. At 18 year old who didn't go to university has really reduced his/her potential friendship/girlfriend/boyfriend pool so...yeah, sorry if you didn't go. Great experience. You should try it.

Yeah because people who aren't going to Uni and get jobs can't have a social life
Gear:

Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
I got sectioned before I took my exams so I can only hope my predicted grades were good.

I don't really care any more, though.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
my offer is AAB and i will probably get BBB. those grades are in maths, physics and chemistry. i don't even have an interest in pharmacy but i have no idea what i want to do... still. any ideas? i will most likely decide tomorrow morning what i will do for the next 4 years of my life.
Quote by Harmonius

I didn't make a single friend at Uni. I didn't/don't really feel like I fit in with anybody.

One guy said "I'm going to make you my friend whether you like it or not," but he failed.

EDIT: Mind you, I wasn't one of those people who really wanted to go to Uni. I just got a last-minute place in August because I didn't want to be a plumber.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Last edited by guitarist41 at Aug 14, 2013,
Quote by Harmonius

Wow, firstly you don't need to go to university to enjoy a great social life. Secondly well done for managing to sound so patronising. Why don't you go and read a book alone in the library with all the other nerds, nerd.
Quote by So-Cal
Wow, firstly you don't need to go to university to enjoy a great social life. Secondly well done for managing to sound so patronising. Why don't you go and read a book alone in the library with all the other nerds, nerd.

he/she is right. if you disagree that university brings you many many opportunities that are otherwise much harder to get, you are delusional.
I have 3 friends that went to Uni.
1 dropped out.
1 doesn't like it (particularly the social aspect)
1 likes it.

I'll take my chances not going. (this isn't a dig at anyone going to Uni, I know people other than me actually want a career isntead of a random job I fell into and happen to like and that you need a Uni qual for it. good luck)

It's not difficult to make friends, I'm surprised anyone thinks the only way they can create their own social life is to be thrown in with a bunch of random people for 3-5 years.
Gear:

Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Last edited by ProphetToJables at Aug 14, 2013,
Quote by laid-to-waste
he/she is right. if you disagree that university brings you many many opportunities that are otherwise much harder to get, you are delusional.

But not impossible!
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by laid-to-waste
my offer is AAB and i will probably get BBB. those grades are in maths, physics and chemistry. i don't even have an interest in pharmacy but i have no idea what i want to do... still. any ideas? i will most likely decide tomorrow morning what i will do for the next 4 years of my life.

BBB in Maths, Physics and Chem will get you on to any Science course at any Uni that's not like Russell Group tier probably. Especially through clearing where Unis are looking to fill places. If you get really stuck, come and study Creative Music Tech with me at Coventry and we'll get high and make Dubstep all day.
Quote by ProphetToJables
Yeah because people who aren't going to Uni and get jobs can't have a social life

Quote by guitarist41
I didn't make a single friend at Uni. I didn't/don't really feel like I fit in with anybody.

One guy said "I'm going to make you my friend whether you like it or not," but he failed.

EDIT: Mind you, I wasn't one of those people who really wanted to go to Uni. I just got a last-minute place in August because I didn't want to be a plumber.

Quote by So-Cal

Read my post again, you've completely misunderstood my post, all of you. I'm not going to even bother explaining because it's quite evident from my post what I meant. At least laid-to-waist understood what I meant. Whatever you think I was insinuating at, you couldn't have misunderstood my post any worse
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

I never felt like I was my own person at Uni.

There's just something about following that ready-made structure for life that sucks.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Quote by Harmonius
Read my post again, you've completely misunderstood my post, all of you. I'm not going to even bother explaining because it's quite evident from my post what I meant. At least laid-to-waist understood what I meant. Whatever you think I was insinuating at, you couldn't have misunderstood my post any worse

What did I post that contradicts your post?
Quote by neidnarb11890
Quote by willT08
BBB in Maths, Physics and Chem will get you on to any Science course at any Uni that's not like Russell Group tier probably. Especially through clearing where Unis are looking to fill places. If you get really stuck, come and study Creative Music Tech with me at Coventry and we'll get high and make Dubstep all day.

that sounds like a dream regardless of the murderous hell that will be my parents. road trip one weekend and i'll join you regardless of what happens
Quote by Harmonius
University life - great social friends I have great social friends and partying all nite long (usually) you don't need a uni pass to party. .I wouldn't call it nerdy one bit. Neither would I In fact those who don't go to university really miss out on many great friendsships, relationships and experiences. List a few? That's pretty far fetched, you could say the same for someone going to A Uni instead of B uni. At 18 year old who didn't go to university has really reduced his/her potential friendship/girlfriend/boyfriend pool so...yeah No they havent? It's called going outside. , sorry if you didn't go. Great experience. You should try it.

People who don't go to Uni don't just sit at home all day and do nothing until they die.

You also edited your post...
Gear:

Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Quote by laid-to-waste

Wow ok have fun buying into a system which only cause is to sustain itself. Good luck having all your creativity murdered, your spirit crushed. Good luck being moulded into a soulless lifeless being just like the rest of them. They don't care about you, your future, they only want your money, man.
Quote by guitarist41
What did I post that contradicts your post?

Oh, sorry - quoted wrong person . Nevermind
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by So-Cal
Wow ok have fun buying into a system which only cause is to sustain itself. Good luck having all your creativity murdered, your spirit crushed. Good luck being moulded into a soulless lifeless being just like the rest of them. They don't care about you, your future, they only want your money, man.

i agree nigga. shit wtf am i doing, i'm ruining my life. i have so many options. wtf man why are you just telling me this now, **** you you little cuntwagon titnose i was fine before you enlightened me
Quote by laid-to-waste
that sounds like a dream regardless of the murderous hell that will be my parents. road trip one weekend and i'll join you regardless of what happens

Do it mate. I'm a second year now and I've got the most banging house you can imagine. And I'm living with this girl who knows all the dealers round here so we get that good shit.
I got my results 2 years ago. Never wanted to go to uni, just started full time work. I'll never be earning the big bucks, but hey. I'm happy where I am, and I've met some great people in the workplace and beyond.

Uni isn't for everyone. It is undeniably essential for some walks of life, but not all. It is not the only place where you meet people. There is a place called outside.
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
Quote by willT08
Do it mate. I'm a second year now and I've got the most banging house you can imagine. And I'm living with this girl who knows all the dealers round here so we get that good shit.

maaaate you're going out with a girl who knows dealers? and you smoke weed and make dubstep and have a house? **** man, i gotta move to coventry
Quote by ProphetToJables
People who don't go to Uni don't just sit at home all day and do nothing until they die.

You also edited your post...

Again. You're not reading my posts clearly - do you have reasoning problems? At no point in my post did I say or even insinuate that people who don't go to a university sit at home all day or that they can't make friends. Seriously...you would really suck at psychometric testing.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by stef123
I got my results 2 years ago. Never wanted to go to uni, just started full time work. I'll never be earning the big bucks, but hey. I'm happy where I am, and I've met some great people in the workplace and beyond.

Uni isn't for everyone. It is undeniably essential for some walks of life, but not all. It is not the only place where you meet people. There is a place called outside.

i agree man. i'm somewhat looking forward to uni, but i would also look forward to an apprenticeship or just a good job or moving out away from my parents. i'm excited about the step up, i'm not arrogant or delusional about the uni experience like some people kinda are
Quote by laid-to-waste
maaaate you're going out with a girl who knows dealers? and you smoke weed and make dubstep and have a house? **** man, i gotta move to coventry

Not going out with, living with. The rest is true I guess, but the house is shared between 5 of us £100 a week, bills and internet included, cleaner comes every fortnight, dishwasher, tumble dryer, newly fitted bathroom, extra shower downstairs, 5 bedroom house in the nicest part of town. Can't even fuck with my swag.

Anyway, all you arguing about whether Uni's a laugh or not are silly because it totally is and there's not really two ways about it.
Will is living skins style
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Quote by willT08
Not going out with, living with. The rest is true I guess, but the house is shared between 5 of us £100 a week, bills and internet included, cleaner comes every fortnight, dishwasher, tumble dryer, newly fitted bathroom, extra shower downstairs, 5 bedroom house in the nicest part of town. Can't even fuck with my swag.

Anyway, all you arguing about whether Uni's a laugh or not are silly because it totally is and there's not really two ways about it.

still, that sounds sick. what are the people living with you like? are they all cool guys/girls or are some a bit weird or stuck up?
Quote by Harmonius

Can't believe you're going to be a lawyer.

Good luck Laid-to-Waste

Anyway at the end of the day my main point was that You can have a great social life and meet lots of new people without going to Uni, not that Uni itself is bad at all.
Gear:

Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Last edited by ProphetToJables at Aug 14, 2013,
Quote by laid-to-waste
still, that sounds sick. what are the people living with you like? are they all cool guys/girls or are some a bit weird or stuck up?

Well they're all mates I made during Freshers and one guy who I went to secondary school with. It's me, my mate from home, his girlfriend Pidge who's a lovely cute indie girl, another girl Pidge lived with in halls who likes all the same music as me so maybe twice a week we spend a whole night just playing tunes to each other. And then the stoner girl who's chill as hell.

So yeah, we're all mates and they're all chill guys and gals. On for having a great year.
Quote by ProphetToJables

Good luck Laid-to-Waste

I already am, mind, but you can't comprehend my post so there's nothing I can do. I'm not native in English but I would think it was quite easy to understand. You also have reasoning problems and still fail to even address the issue I've pointed out.

If you can't understand my point, you arguments have no context.

EDIT:

Quote by ProphetToJables

Good luck Laid-to-Waste

Anyway at the end of the day my main point was that You can have a great social life and meet lots of new people without going to Uni, not that Uni itself is bad at all.

Okay seriously...you need to get your reasoning sorted out. I didn't say that at all nor did I even mention it first...all I said was that by not going to university, you generally reduce a lot of opportunities...(there's a reason why people usually say that university is the best time of your life)...if you can't understand that by this post, consider yourself really dull.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Page 1 of 4