Looking for a simple reverb pedal. I don't really need anything with lots of frills - flerbs and what not like on the Holy Grail - just solid reverb sounds. I play lots of alternative/post-rock-ish music, as well as quite a bit of surf, so I'd like to capture those sounds. I really like the sounds the Malekko Chicklet makes, but I can't seem to find them for sale anywhere (and don't know how much they go for). Here's a sample: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl7yWvWZatM

Trying to keep under 100$. I'm also willing to go the eBay route. I'd be willing to go over budget for something mind-blowing. (So far the Chicklet is the only thing I've heard that was.) Any ideas?
The mooer shimverb is a reverb pedal.

I'd say it's a nice reverb pedal but I never really had a look at that part.
It's less than $100 indeed though, so why not having a look at that?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
How about TC Electronic Hall of Fame reverb? I think it's pretty great.
It has more potentiometers to mess around with, but then again, you can choose the preset you like and then tweak to the sound you like. Or if you want to, you can create your own and be totally happy with it. I know from experience (with Flashback X4) that I wouldn't be able to set for something "simple". Then again, the pedal is simple.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Last edited by Sakke at Aug 14, 2013,
Ah, damn I should have thought more about that.

If you want to be reeeeeeally cool, you must at least consider something not specifically made for guitar.

The Lexicon MX200 and the Alesis MicroVerb 4 for example, or the Alesis NanoVerb if you want something smaller.

Both the first and the second go for about $150 used, and they have every reverb you could imagine plus delay, flanger, phaser, chorus, gate, and a lot of other really nice effects.

The third is a small reverb unit, about as big as a pedal, which goes for about $100, and has a lot of reverb options, but just reverb.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
I actually like the mooer sound a lot, but from the review I saw it seems like a bit of a one trick pony, even for me.

I definitely want something I can stomp on, which I imagine will be prohibitive for most of the non-guitar only ones, no?
Quote by sjada
I definitely want something I can stomp on, which I imagine will be prohibitive for most of the non-guitar only ones, no?

Both the MX200 and the MicroVerb 4 can be used with a midi or momentary footswitch, and you can both bypass and change effects with the momentary one on the MX200 and MicroVerb.

The midi footswitch on the other hand is used to store patches, I guess up to 32 on both units.

The NanoVerb instead, is just a small box :P, and is not capable of such advanced functions.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Last edited by Spambot_2 at Aug 14, 2013,
Malekko makes another great sounding spring reverb pedal in the same enclosure as the Chicklet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxrtM3vZzrY

The best sounding spring emulation I've heard though, was the Malekko Spring Chicken. Sadly they were discontinued like the Chicklet. Keep an eye out on eBay and Craigslist for one of them.
Guitars:
LTD Viper 300FM
Jackson DX10D
MIM Tele
MIM Strat
Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe - Stock Eminence Legend
Peavey Ultra Plus 120 Watt Head
Rivera R412T - Loaded with Celestion V30s
Pedals:
Boss NS-2
TC Flashback X4