Hey, been using the ME-50 for years, my flat mate has a GT-10 and its brilliant, i was wondering if its worth it to get the GT-100 over the GT-10, i want to get a new amp that would go well to, any suggestions? Thanks!
Your best bet would be to get a new amp first. It's the biggest part of your sound and you may find you don't need any effects to go with it.

Read this:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31052894&postcount=2
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Thanks, yeah i think i will get an amp first, altho is there much of a difference betweent the two boards? £150 price difference lol
You really should get an amp first. It may be the case that the ME50 sounds better than either GTs on some amps. So if you get an amp first you can A/B them and go from there.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
TBH, I don't know - I've never tried the GT series. I had the ME50 for years too, then I switched to separate pedals because the drives on it were quite poor and I didn't want to have to mess with the settings everytime I wanted a different modulation effect.

Ask yourself this: What effects do you actually use and what amp are you getting?

If you're only getting a modelling amp, that will have everything you need and no extra effects will be required.

If you're getting a tube amp, you could use that for your drive & possibly it may have reverb built in. One or two separate pedals may be all you really need and as a rule separate dedicated pedals will be better than a multi effects pedal.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
well tbh what really impressed me was the loop feature its great for writing and improving timing etc, im sure these are offered with cheaper alternatives, but i think i would rather the boards as opposed to seperate pedals, i liked the range of lead effects and effectd which emulated famous musicians. Thanks!
Zoom G3/G5 then. Put the remaining money in your amp fund.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Last edited by lucky1978 at Aug 14, 2013,
Hi i checked out the Zoom looks good, what are the factory set effects like? Thanks
More like effects BORED, HAHAHAMAH!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by tgiggs
Hi i checked out the Zoom looks good, what are the factory set effects like? Thanks

Overall it gives any amp that multifx tint to the tone, but I think most multifx are gonna do that. Through headphones, the sound couldn't be better, it really shines in the late night practice department.
All of its functions are very easy to use. It has a few variations of every type of pedal with cheesy, genericized icons representing the pedal its trying to be. It also has a pretty functional drum guide with dozens of beats and the all important looper.
I think the ME50, specifically, is the best sounding mfx through an amp (ymmv) but I wouldn't trade my G3 for any other <$500 mfx. Possibly the best piece of gear $150 could buy imo.
great thanks, think il go ahead with the G5, thanks for your help!