So we just played our last gig as a band.

Man, dem feels, actually more disturbed by this than any breakup ever. Not sure what to do with my time now. It'll probably involve alot more pr0n than it has for the last few years.

Ah well.

Who's band broke up and what did ya do to fill the gap? The pit isn't a good place to post this, not arsed, I'm pissed and emotional.
Silverburst
awwww, i was hoping you were asking what you should do at your last gig.

hint: fire.
If you can't get another band on the go or if you cant join a new band or get gigs yourself then take up a new hobby or just spend more time with your guitar
Quote by whywefight
awwww, i was hoping you were asking what you should do at your last gig.

hint: fire.

I was also thinking he meant things to do for last gig.

Cover "Final Countdown".....you are all welcome for that riff being stuck in your head now.
"Space may be the final frontier
But it's made in a hollywood basement."
Quote by Nickpocalypse
Solo project

Get some cool singers like Lemmy and Ozzy to appear on it

And then follow it up with Myles Kennedy on every track of the next one
"Space may be the final frontier
But it's made in a hollywood basement."
Quote by Agent51
And then follow it up with Myles Kennedy on every track of the next one

And also make a live album at your hometown and go on about how it's so "special" to be back but apparently not special enough to go back in the last 25 years even though he's been rich that long.
well, after my first band's last show, we had a melodramatic teenage argument in the parking lot of a Barnes & Noble, then some kid who was friends with this girl that was with us set off a smoke bomb under someone's car and we had to leave before the cops came.

so, do that.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I 2nd solo project. If you can scrape together a few hundred dollars (or whatever your currency is), you can buy a DAW (aka "Digital Audio Workspace") and a proper recording interface. Of course, you need a decently powerful computer -- don't assume some low-end laptop you bought at Walmart will cut it.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I 2nd solo project. If you can scrape together a few hundred dollars (or whatever your currency is), you can buy a DAW (aka "Digital Audio Workspace") and a proper recording interface. Of course, you need a decently powerful computer -- don't assume some low-end laptop you bought at Walmart will cut it.

fuck you sam I'm recording my solo album on a $260 walmart-special toshiba laptop and it's sounding great, 64bit AMD Dual Core and all.

I'm using a zoom g3 multi-fx as an interface too
Last edited by tukk04 at Aug 15, 2013,
give it a break and then start the long slow process all over again...

Maybe use this occasion to cut crap from your set list or start thinking of new songs.
last gig ideas:

all band members play risky business style

all band members switch instruments

change all of the words to the songs to be weird al type parodies

acoustic set

thats all i got

EDIT: apparently I do not know how to read. Um... You could always take this time to learn yourself a new instrument. Then the next time you audition for a band/form a band, you'll have expanded the roles which you can take.
Listen. I'm sorry.
Last edited by vilk at Aug 15, 2013,
I know that feel, bro. Kinda.

After high school we all went somewhere different, so we put the band on hold. Got back together this summer to jam and maybe play some shows, but nothing really came of it. I was enthusiastic about doing things again but something always came up.

I have a solo thing going right now which I'm becoming more and more serious about. Also, I met a guy at my university who wants to put a band together so we'll see where that takes me. Gotta keep moving forward I guess.
If you still want to be in a band now would be the time to start the long, difficult search for competent musicians to play in the new one. Those last show feels are something else though, definitely a unique feeling.
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
It's way too sunny and warm here today to listen to black metal, I shall bookmark it and come back when the weather is worse.
Man, what I would do is transfer that emotion into some new music, also focus on your goals of what you want your next band to be.

Maybe take a break to learn a new instrument ?
Hardly any band is permanant. Most musicians will at some point or another find themselves in your position, probably several times in their musical career.

For example, in the 20 something years of me being a musician I have personaly been in at least 10 different gigging bands and have been a part of many more recording and jamming projects. And that's a good thing because the more different people you play with the better a musician you become, especialy if the style or genres of the different bands you play with are varied. I've played bass and sung both lead and backing vocals with a few classic rock cover bands, an original metal band that did a few covers, a couple of punk bands, (one original, the other a punk covers band) a blues band (mainly covers with a few original songs), a 50s style rock 'n' roll band (covers) and I was also the lead singer in a Black Sabbath tribute band (obviously covers)

You can either form another band, join another existing band, or organise or try to get involved with other musical projects.
I dont know why you broke up? Iv never been with a musician long enough to gather another musician and give ourselves a name.
But i make many many hours worth of music myself, and thats what keeps me going.