Looking for songs, guitar licks, chords and or scales mostly in the first position for western cowboy style music. Something in the style of intro to come as you are, nirvana style there unplugged covers have a western feel to it (also noticed between songs and sets he would incorporate a little western lick). Spagetti western shoot em up john wayne clint eastwood. Other then watching movies and hoping to come across a good song or lick cant really find anything online.

Im trying to learn this style to incorporate into my music
Last edited by jimmymoronsin at Aug 14, 2013,
For chords, just the simple G C and D chords. Sometimes E, A and F, with the various minors thrown in.
Quote by Velcro Man
For chords, just the simple G C and D chords. Sometimes E, A and F, with the various minors thrown in.

ok chords i had down from the get go how about scales well known licks?
Well, probably an even mix between the pentatonic and major scales. The key of E and G are the most common keys for these old songs, when I jam out with old guys on acoustic, if they play in E, I just go to the old open E pentatonic, E, G, A, B, D, E and repeat. Then for G, I prefer to get that open G major (really common in bluegrass, once again, I do it out of laziness.) G major would be G, A, B, C, D, E, F# G

or in tab form

E pentatonic

0---3
0---3
0---2
0---2
0---2
0---3

G major

0-2-3-
0-1-3-
0-2--
0-2-4-
0-2-3-
3---

As for specific licks, peruse this channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/groovydjs Scott Grove is a genius.