I like Ibanez and I have the older version of the RG450 (RG350) but out of those two the Jackson has the better hardware. FR Special and Duncan Designed trump cheap Edges and Infinities.
I have a Jackson and an Ibanez, I'd say they are both OK, I hated the Duncan designed pups and the infinities so new pups on either if you can
Definitely go with the Jackson. It'll have a better sustain, tone and overall feel.
Quote by johnnykbop
I like Ibanez and I have the older version of the RG450 (RG350) but out of those two the Jackson has the better hardware. FR Special and Duncan Designed trump cheap Edges and Infinities.

The rg450 he linked has the edge zero II, which is a lot better than the edge III you probably have in your rg350. There really is only one sub $500 model that has a good (great?) trem and that's an Ibanez S with the ZR.

For the price difference, he could buy the Ibanez and a set of humbuckers of his choice.

Either way, you should really try out both guitars. Everyone has their own preferences, go for the one that works for you.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Quote by DarthV
The rg450 he linked has the edge zero II, which is a lot better than the edge III you probably have in your rg350. There really is only one sub $500 model that has a good (great?) trem and that's an Ibanez S with the ZR.

For the price difference, he could buy the Ibanez and a set of humbuckers of his choice.

Either way, you should really try out both guitars. Everyone has their own preferences, go for the one that works for you.

+1

i was looking at jacksons and ibanez for a new guitar in the end i decided on the ibanez s series as they have great tremo's for the price and with the money you save you can buy new pickups, which is what i will be doing.

both are shreddy guitars though.

*edit ibanez s570b have a look at that.
Last edited by GWADanny at Aug 15, 2013,
I really, really like Jackson's, far more than Ibaneii (?) but I would get the Ibanez over that particular model of Jackson.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Ibaneii

wut
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Is that not the plural of Ibanez?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
ibanezes, surely?

mainly i'm just keeping you going, though
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I always just say "Ibanez guitar". It's easier to pluralize that way.

Back on topic, though. Both of those guitars are decent, although I recommend a pickup swap on either of them. For that reason I recommend the Ibanez guitar, because you can spend the leftover money on pickups.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Quote by Dave_Mc
ibanezes, surely?

That sounds really dumb
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
^ hey it's english, what do you expect?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd go with the Jackson, because it has a better floating bridge. An excellent quality floating bridge is key, because if it's lesser quality...well, that leads to all kinds of issues down the line.

Anyway, the bridge is just what I noticed at first look.

Edit:
Also, those pickups should be pretty good for most things. I personally prefer actives, but Seymour Duncan makes excellent passives. I'm pretty partial to Seymour Duncan myself, because they tend to have such good quality pickups and pickup hardware.

Quote by PsiGuy60
I always just say "Ibanez guitar". It's easier to pluralize that way.

Back on topic, though. Both of those guitars are decent, although I recommend a pickup swap on either of them. For that reason I recommend the Ibanez guitar, because you can spend the leftover money on pickups.

Yes, but the Edge II Pros, iirc, aren't as good of quality as actual licensed Floyd Rose bridges. They are, of course, better quality than Edge III's, but I still think licensed FR bridges are better than most of their competitor's bridges.

As for a pickup swap, I think he'd get a decent amount of power out of the stock Duncans in the Jackson. Only reason to swap, imho, is if you want to play very high gain metal, such as Death Metal or Grindcore or Black Metal, and have a good enough amp to actually do that.

Edit2:
@TS:
Have you ever owned a guitar with a FR-style tremolo system before? If not, you really do need to learn how to set it up properly (which you'll have to do every single time you change strings). Fortunately, you can use the FR Setup thread. Even if you have set up a FR-style tremolo before, it might be a good idea to read that thread anyway and make sure you're not missing anything. For instance, you can see a picture of the correct angle to have your bridge at (which varies for different types of trems) in the 1st post of that thread.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Aug 15, 2013,
Well since the 450dx comes with the Edge Zero II, I'd take it over a floyd rose special any day. The EZ II is a pretty solid bridge.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs