I'm really just curious. I've been trying to play various 7 string songs on a 6 string and wondered if 7 string use open d?
A 7 string in standard tuning just has an extra low B string, the other 6 strings are exactly the same as a 6 string guitar.

However you can pretty much tune a 7 string any way you want, in the same way you can pretty much tune a 6 string guitar any way you want.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Probably the most logical way of doing it would be to drop the B to an A.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Yeah, either A or if you want your E to be a D, drop the low B down to A, or if you wanna be weird and have some double drop D thing going, drop it to G.
Quote by steven seagull
A 7 string in standard tuning just has an extra low B string, the other 6 strings are exactly the same as a 6 string guitar.

However you can pretty much tune a 7 string any way you want, in the same way you can pretty much tune a 6 string guitar any way you want.

Mhhh, I've tryed the Low E down to A, A #, B , C# and I think B fits the song I'm trying to play, Korn's BLIND. It's not as heavy but it sounds good. I'm playing it in open d and it sounds decent. So cool, thanks.
Oh, if you have a 7 string and you wanna play Korn, they tune their 7 strings one step down, ADGCFAD
if you're doing 7 string songs on a 6 string, tune it B to B. most 7 string songs don't use the high e so you might be better off using a baritone