Hi all,

Hope you don't mind my first thread asking a favour, but I was wondering if someone could identify the model of the guitar in the pictures? It was sold to me as a Prestige but I'm not convinced...

Thanks
Attachments:
IMG_4667.JPG
IMG_4668.JPG
The headstock would say prestige. It might still be MIJ. What model is it?
^+1
Get some better pics if you can.
A pic of the serial number on the back of the headstock would be very useful at the very least.
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
Hi J_W,

I thought that, it says RG series? Was wondering if you could tell me what model it is as it doesn't seem to say on the guitar.
My Prestige is an RG and it only says "Prestige Ibanez" on the headstock.

Look for a serial number, and post some clearer pics.
Ok, so it isn't a prestige, but it was made in Japan. The F on the headstock serial number tells us that. It was also made in 2001.
Quote by J_W
Ok, so it isn't a prestige, but it was made in Japan. The F on the headstock serial number tells us that. It was also made in 2001.

Thanks JW, any idea of the value? I could email pictures if you had time to look at them? If not, no problem

Cheers
Specifically a second series RG470.

It was only made in black, had the Vintage pickups, Wizard II one piece neck, Lo-Trs trem and they had the AANJ, not the big metal plate neck joint.

If the guitar fits all of this, it's a MIJ RG470.
V7 / S1 / V8 on the pickups?

Lo-Trs trem - correct

Not sure what you mean by the AANJ?

What sort of money would this fetch. Mine has one small chip and needs a tune up?

Sorry for all the Q's, really appreciate your help
I think you can get quite a bit more than that for it. At least twice that much, if it's in good shape.
^ +1. £100 sounds very cheap for as good a guitar as that (but I'm not too well up on used values, and admittedly if anyone knows about the trem they're gonna prefer to hold out for a 550/570 or better which isn't gonna help the residual values of the 470).

Quote by J_W
I'm pretty damn sure it's an RG470.

+1

Good guitar (probably not quite as good as a current prestige, or a 550/570 before they made those models prestiges, but still good), hampered with a subpar trem, though (and mediocre pickups, but the trem is the achilles heel).

EDIT: you might want to take down the pic of the serial number. it's probably paranoia, but just in case.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Aug 15, 2013,
Good advice, picture removed.

Ah well I've stuck it on eBay now. Will see what she fetches.

Thanks for all the help and advice guys. Much appreciated
^ no worries

it sucks you were sold it as a prestige, but at least it's still a japanese one and not a gio or something like that. Hopefully you'll get most of your money back on it
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It may not be a prestige, but it's made in the same factory by the same people. Still a solid guitar and I'm sure it was well built.

Good luck with the sale.