I know, it's Ultimate-Guitar.com, but I get MOST of my chords for my piano playing here and it's a great resource. I'd like to see a Piano section in the forum so we can have some discussions.

Thanks.
Not a bad idea, but I think it will be somewhat unnecessary and as far as I know there is not much demand for it. Still, might be worth a try. And, as you said, the site is called "Ultimate Guitar" (even though it is more about ******ed gossip these days). It deals with the guitar and all its associated siblings and offspring, such as the bass guitar, mandoline, banjo etc. This is a guitar-oriented website, not a piano-oriented website. So I guess but a few people will care, but it's good to at least have the idea out there.
Well we have a drum forum, so I don't see why not. The drum forum is, however, relatively small and not many users frequent it, so I imagine the situation for a piano forum would be similar.
Your flesh means more than you.
No profit...
For once no profit...

Quote by She
That's what.

CHECK IT OUT NOW
FUNK SOUL BROTHER
This would get more attention in Feedback. Or maybe not, since nobody actually reads it. Whatever.

Anyway, I agree, as long as it's for something like "keyboards and keyboard instruments", even if that means an inevitable schism between classically trained pianists, electronic producers with midi controllers, and maybe the occasional GET OFF MY LAWN-ing harpsichordist. There are actually a bunch of people here who play keyboards (or want to learn how). Probably more than there are drummers, in any case.
Im not the only one haha! guitar is my main instrument but I do really enjoy playing the piano too.
I am new here but I also think it would be a cool idea to have a piano section
There's a keyboard thread somewhere I think. A lot of the regulars in the MT forum play piano I think.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Last edited by Hydra150 at Aug 16, 2013,
Quote by Hydra150
There's a keyboard thread somewhere I think. A lot of the regulars in the MT forum play piano I think.

There is, and it gets used so infrequently that it disappears into history only to get an occasional necrobump. With that said, a whole forum for it would be overkill.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
If you build it they will come... Haha well hopefully. I've already started a group:
groups.ultimate-guitar.com/keys

I have posted on the Keyboard forum I use (mainly geared towards technical issues) to try to get a little community going. To me it seems Ultimate-Guitar has evolved into so much more and wouldn't it be great to grow even more.

I see lots of things that are almost useful for musicians other than guitarists like gear reviews, music commentary, original music sharing. I actually already submitted a gear review for my Yamaha MOXF although afterwards I see no way to find it within the filtering system - lol. I cant really upload "My Skills" because it is only categorized for Bass or Guitar.

I feel like many more keyboardists visit than people realize. Ultimate-Guitar is the largest collection of chord lists for songs on the net by far. I look at the staggering number of views vs ratings and I think that lots of people just graze by the site, and in the event of a keys player, they may not see the value in joining the community due to the name (and lack of piano sections).

By any means I don't intend to bogart the site or expect them to change the name, I just think with a few minor tweaks it could become a much broader tool for ALL musicians, which ultimately means a bigger community and more user generated content.
Quote by Cloud9TN
I actually already submitted a gear review for my Yamaha MOXF although afterwards I see no way to find it within the filtering system - lol.

This is a major issue with the Reviews section of the site and it's been raised dozens of times over the years, although it's usually relating to a section of the reviews for recording equipment rather than keyboards.

Unfortunately, the people who run UG obviously don't give a shit about the Review section, because suggestions to improve it are always ignored.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Sure, I think a ton of guitarists gradually get interested in other instruments as they get more into music and songwriting. I think such a subforum of piano+keys is a cool idea, although I'm not sure if there's a ton of demand for it. Topics about other instruments often go in "Musician talk" as multi-instrumentalists already hang out there.