Don't they just scoop your mids or something?
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
no it's sort of like a buffer pedal. from what i understand it's supposed to give you back some of the tone you lose from your pedal chain, cables, etc. there's a knob for the low and a knob for high. your mids stay the same

a lot of people hate it because it does leave your mids where they are but i feel like it adds an insane amount of clarity (i use it for ska though, so on clean it helps me get the tone i like. haven't found a good setting for distortion though yet)
Last edited by dsomma93 at Aug 15, 2013,
They soposedly re-align the lows and highs in your tone. I use a rack-mount BBE for my PA, to me it is an idiot proof EQ for rooms you are not familiar with the acoustics.

If there is a band that I have not heard before I will use the BBE instead of my EQ, because it is easier to dial in a good sound.

I am not a huge fan of the BBE with my guitar, I can get similar results with a EQ or a tubescreamer type pedal to fatten up the tone.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
somewhere admist this forum there is a thread that has been lost to time even beyond the search bar where some guy talked about how he had gotten so used to the way using the SM that when he stopped using it he couldn't believe how bad it made his rig sound. The best way I had it explained to me is that basically it "straightens" out all of your sound waves and thus you get the sterile sound. Don't quote me on that though.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Quote by RealGuitarHero
somewhere admist this forum there is a thread that has been lost to time even beyond the search bar where some guy talked about how he had gotten so used to the way using the SM that when he stopped using it he couldn't believe how bad it made his rig sound. The best way I had it explained to me is that basically it "straightens" out all of your sound waves and thus you get the sterile sound. Don't quote me on that though.

that's pretty much what people say. At first a lot of people tend to love it (brings clarity and a punch to the sound) but then everyone hates it after playing it live or for a month or so
Not this again.

IT BOOSTS YOUR BASS AND TREBLE AND SCOOPS YOUR MIDS.

There's no "phase corrections between frequencies," no "recovery of signal loss from your cable," no "straightening out your signal," none of that bullshit.

People turn it off and hate the sound because they set their rigs around that sound and people like hearing lots of bass and treble because it's a break from all the midrange that assaults your ears on a daily basis. But it's literally just an EQ for dummies that boosts the highs and lows.