Is this kind of thing considered an asshole thing to do? I was thinking of getting either free stuff, or cheap stuff from these places, things like couches or things like that, fixing them up, then selling them for profit. Not looking to be a millionaire or anything, just a few extra bucks here and there.

I kind of feel like someone who'd see the thing they just gave away/sold at a higher price would get pissed.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

If your buying stuff cheap and doing a bit of work fixing it up and selling it for profit then you're earning honest money.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Hydra150
If your buying stuff cheap and doing a bit of work fixing it up and selling it for profit then you're earning honest money.

Yup. Nothing wrong with that.
I know of a guy who goes around and picks up furniture/stuff that people have thrown out and fixes them up. Recycling, yo.
There even some stuff I won't have to fix. A guy in my town is giving away a bar fridge that supposedly works for free. I could just go and pick it up, and put it right back up for $50.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Quote by naedauuf
There even some stuff I won't have to fix. A guy in my town is giving away a bar fridge that supposedly works for free. I could just go and pick it up, and put it right back up for $50.

Heck, give it a nice scrub-down, make sure everything works, and flip dat shit like ain't no tomorrow, son.
It's like, a guy has a thing he doesn't want, and presumably he doesn't need the cash/can't be bothered with the hassle of selling it. Nothing to feel bad about there.
I normally pck up amps at below market average then sell them on for profit. All the while getting an amp to play with for a few months.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Sometimes when I see shit at a low ass price I'll buy it just for the fact I know I'll get more. It's their problem if they couldn't find the time to fix/sell for higher
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
My guess is that if someone is giving it away for free, they won't be checking craigslist for it the next day or so and like everyone else said, if you put a little work into it that's honest money
Quote by naedauuf
Is this kind of thing considered an asshole thing to do? I was thinking of getting either free stuff, or cheap stuff from these places, things like couches or things like that, fixing them up, then selling them for profit. Not looking to be a millionaire or anything, just a few extra bucks here and there.

I kind of feel like someone who'd see the thing they just gave away/sold at a higher price would get pissed.

Service performed.
Quote by naedauuf

I asked this question a few weeks ago.

Quote by Hydra150

You could say it's the same as buying a repossessed house cheaper and selling it for market value.
Last edited by Philip_pepper at Aug 16, 2013,
Nothing wrong with it, but it isn't easy to make money at it. Craigslist often degrades into lots of hassle because the human race is a horrible lot with low morals and even less ethics. BUT, i buy and sell often and usually make a few bucks. You will learn some lessons along the way. I would suggest buying and flipping things that you like that way if you get stuck with something it won't be completely horrible.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by LostLegion
It's what drug dealers do.

drug dealers provide a much more tangible service to the community