The Black Album is one of my favorite guitar tones ever. I'd say you came quite close. What amp were you playing through? It could use a touch more bottom end though. The thing about the black album is that (to my ears) there's a lot of multitracking going on with the guitars, and that's something you can't capture with only two or three guitar tracks. You got very close though, and it's a pretty sick tone!

I'd love a C4C on the song in my signature if you get a chance!
Metal Turtle,
Thank you for your recent review! I am reciprocating on your latest thread. Whereas the 2 people before me say it could use some more bottom end, that could very well be true, though I don't hear any electric bass, so that might give the false impression the guitar is lacking bass. You must take the entire mix into account. Other than that I think you sound pretty close!
Quote by aaron aardvark
Metal Turtle,
Thank you for your recent review! I am reciprocating on your latest thread. Whereas the 2 people before me say it could use some more bottom end, that could very well be true, though I don't hear any electric bass, so that might give the false impression the guitar is lacking bass. You must take the entire mix into account. Other than that I think you sound pretty close!

Listen to this right here. At least 50% of what you're hearing in a heavily distorted track where the guitar generally doubles the bass part is the bass tone rather than the guitar tone; the bass brings that meat. Put the meat on the guitar and it's going to sound terrible with other instruments because all the lows will start conflicting.
Spare a Cow
Eat a Vegan