hi all i have a problem iam haveing trouble holding the ascotic guitar i have a bit of a gut. i think an Electric Guitar is slimmer and i can hold it closer but do u all think
It depends on what you want out of a guitar. They look similar but they're for very different things, sure they seem like pretty much the same kind of thing but they have very particular techniques that make the player an electric guitarist or an acoustic guitarist.

What do you want to play? What kind of music?
^ agreed

that being said, a solid-bodied electric guitar is normally much slimmer than an acoustic.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well my plan was learning on ascotic guitar then geting an electric.
i like to try to play rock and metal some day and just learn chords and stuff
yeah get an electric
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
which one are the strings spaced the same on all electric i was thinking of geting a eipehone les paul for now
You're better off with a set of weights and a good cardio routine.

You might be able to hold an electric closer but they're completely ineffective against heart disease.
Last edited by johnnykbop at Aug 16, 2013,
Quote by Tazz3
which one are the strings spaced the same on all electric i was thinking of geting a eipehone les paul for now

normally they'll list the nut width of electric guitars in the specs (or on the manufacturer's website).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Get an electric. I've met soo many people who though they'd get an acoustic and "graduate" to an electric once they got better. To me acoustic playing is much harder. The string tension is much greater. You can also learn chords just the same en an electric. IMO I would go for a Strat or Tele, as they are probably the slimmest guitar out there.
I only feel like me when I'm behind my ax...
I've found that it's mostly those who aren't 100% sure if they'll stick to it so they get a cheap acoustic because it's cheaper than getting a cheap guitar and amp.
Dude you have to learn to hold your guitar.

Do you like electric or acoustic?

=/
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
thanks all i went to guitar center and i played around with a few Electric Guitars.
much better then the acoustic. i tryed a cheap les paul and starit. the les paul was 249 and the strait was 129. there is a pawn shop up the block i ca get an pevey amp really cheap
Quote by Tazz3
thanks all i went to guitar center and i played around with a few Electric Guitars.
much better then the acoustic. i tryed a cheap les paul and starit. the les paul was 249 and the strait was 129. there is a pawn shop up the block i ca get an pevey amp really cheap

Woah woah woah. Don't make the mistakes I did, buying any old thing. That "strat" is probably a starcaster, and it's junk. The epiphone is probably also junk.

You want to play electric guitar? Great. You should do that. But take the time to look into budget companies that make quality instruments in your price range. If your price range is under $300, Fender and Epiphone/Gibson don't make anything good in your budget (imo.)

If you don't have a preference for used vs new, it might be worth it to go used. If you have a musician friend who knows guitars, bring them with you when you go shopping.

Godin, Gretsch, G&L, Ibanez, and Agile make good cheap guitars. You should head to the Guitar Center website and punch in those names to see what's available in the new and used gear. If you want to buy new guitars, Rondomusic is the website for Agile guitars. They often have b-stock and sale guitars up there.

The trick is to not spend too much (if you can't afford to), but also not buy *junk* gear. Trash guitars don't sell, and they'll make you want to upgrade soon because you'll sound bad. Squier "Classic Vibe" and Squier "Vintage Modified" guitars are also pretty okay.

If you get a Peavey amp, don't get anything worse than a Vypyr 30. Oh, and decide what sort of music you primarily want to be playing. No point in buying an amp that's built for metal if you decide you like that country twang. Your choice of amp will probably affect your overall sound more than anything else.