Poll: Are we screwed?
Poll Options
View poll results: Are we screwed?
Yes we are.
32 28%
No we aren't.
52 45%
I will moonwalk to Pluto in honor of Michael Jackson.
32 28%
Voters: 116.
Page 1 of 4
The Great Recession.

9/11 and Iraq.

The Bushbama years.

Going to college to get a job, get a job to pay for college.

Michael Jackson's death.

Waning job security of yesteryear.

Underemployment.

Have we truly been handed a shitty pair of cards or are a bunch of whining cunts?
Last edited by Philip_pepper at Aug 16, 2013,
What do you mean "we"? The millenials? Generation X?

Most of what you wrote there can be blamed on the baby boomers.
and we danced, and we cried, and we laughed, and had a really really really good time.

No, all generations were bad.
Quote by Rossenrot
What do you mean "we"? The millenials? Generation X?

Most of what you wrote there can be blamed on the baby boomers.

What generation are we even on now? Y? I'm talking about the ones born between 1985-1995.
No those were all Baby-Boomers. They ****ed up everything. Sure the music was great, but when it came time for them to control the world the screwed almost everything, except technology, but we've already taken the reigns on that.

We're an awesome combination of social awareness and cynicism. When our time comes we are going to make some awesome stuff happen.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
No those were all Baby-Boomers. They ****ed up everything. Sure the music was great, but when it came time for them to control the world the screwed almost everything, except technology, but we've already taken the reigns on that.

We're an awesome combination of social awareness and cynicism. When our time comes we are going to make some awesome stuff happen.

Like what?
Quote by Philip_pepper
Like what?

If I knew that I would've already done it by now.

EDIT: Don't worry we've got a good 20+ years before our time comes when it comes to controlling serious world issues. Sure there are young wunderkind over-achievers out there, but they're just good at playing an old man's game. When we're 40s, 50s, we'll be masters ourselves since we've rebuilt all the rules around us.
Last edited by snipelfritz at Aug 16, 2013,
I think that our generation is pretty damn cynical compared to the others.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by rockingamer2

Yes, but we're also very aware and very connected. I think that will, over time, fuse into a much more positive attitude that's difficult to describe, if not impossible.
Quote by rockingamer2

Of course we are. Who wants to live in a world without Michael Jackson?
Superior healthcare.

Technology allows us to connect with people on the other side of the world within seconds, and access information previously completely unavailable to us.

We can travel from one side of the world to the other in a matter of days.

We get to exploit still-developing countries which don't have access to the above.

I'd say were doing pretty well for ourselves.

Quote by Philip_pepper
Of course we are. Who wants to live in a world without Michael Jackson?

Michael Jackson, apparently.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by entity0009
Superior healthcare.

Technology allows us to connect with people on the other side of the world within seconds, and access information previously completely unavailable to us.

We can travel from one side of the world to the other in a matter of days.

We get to exploit still-developing countries which don't have access to the above.

I'd say were doing pretty well for ourselves.

Michael Jackson, apparently.

RIP.
Concerning politics do you guys think our generation will do better?

My concern is that world leaders and politicians will continue to be (if im not mistaken) from the isolated upper classes of their respective countries and not really do what is right for the people of their countries, as their decisions have an enormous impact on our lives.

I hope this isn't the case countries but i dont have any info about politics of most countries, so enlighten me if you can
The generation that didn't grow up with fb in highschool but was not a baby boomer = the generation to save the world.
a better question is why did tom brokaw have a raging hard-on for the wwII generation
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Tag43
the 90s were so much better.

only 90s kids will recognise this!!!! like and share if u agree!!
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by Tag43
the 90s were so much better.

the 90s smelled like moth-balls and Gak.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
What is shit? The fact that my town has no venues, no music stores, no record stores, no jobs other than fast food, i cant go to college because my parents make too much money but cant afford to put me thru college and they cant use me as a tax ride off yet i cant file as independent? Or that weed costs $250 an ounce when in the 60's it was twenty bucks.
Well the babyboomers are the ones in high/important positions now, and they're doing a pretty bad job as far as I'm concerned. I think that the generation from (1985-1995) are just handed a pretty shit platter. The WWII generation had WWII to get them out of the Great Depression, but we'll have to work a bit harder.

I like snipelfritz's optimism about the future.
Every generation sucks and bad things happened in every period of history.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
and sooner Jack Nicholson and Daniel-Day Lewis will die. Our generation really sucks.
Quote by lolmnt
Every generation sucks and bad things happened in every period of history.

well this just makes too much sense so it can't be true
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
now we have no jobs no cash and no hope
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Yes, we are. And it's all because of the following people:

The Fonz
Dwayne Wade
colololomnt
Suzie Crabgrass
Ronald McDonald
WillT08
Carlton Banks
The Trix Rabbit
Gargamel
Charlie Pride
Patrick Star
Kenan Thompson
Kel Mitchell
Chief Keef
Littlefoot
Captain Planet
due07
Chuck E. Cheese

Those people are the worst and should all go away because they are stupid.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
We're just a bunch of pussies.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
What is shit? The fact that my town has no venues, no music stores, no record stores, no jobs other than fast food, i cant go to college because my parents make too much money but cant afford to put me thru college and they cant use me as a tax ride off yet i cant file as independent? Or that weed costs $250 an ounce when in the 60's it was twenty bucks.

You have your priorities seriously out of wack, if weed is important of an issue to be listed with the rest of that.

OT:
Worst? Hardly. Frankly, the world's changing. Things are becoming more global. Yes, that means some issues as people adjust to it all, but it can only be beneficial in the long run.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Aug 16, 2013,
Quote by guitarist41
We're just a bunch of pussies.

YOU'RE JUST A BUNCH OF PUSSIES!

^Sam's a square.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Who will be in charge after all this shit is over and things are looking bright again? We will. We're gonna be the golden generation my son.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by jakesmellspoo
YOU'RE JUST A BUNCH OF PUSSIES!

^Sam's a square.

If a single pussy can be called a bunch of pussies, then, I concur.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
The baby boomers bought and bought and bought expensive stuff like it was food, which caused the crippled economy we have today.

But this generation hasn't changed the in-style of hip-hop since the 1990s. At least the baby boomers went from rock n roll to psych rock to disco to hair metal.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
our generation is the best generation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Y

A 2013 poll in the United Kingdom found that Generation Y was more "open-minded than their parents on controversial topics".[66][67]

Of those surveyed nearly three quarters supported Same-Sex Marriage. While there was a "near-equal spilt" (41% for, 46% against) on the legalization of "soft drugs" such as cannabis, two thirds have never taken illegal drugs.[67]

It also found that a large majority do not admire any politician, with only three getting over 1% (Nigel Farage and David Cameron on 2%, and Boris Johnson on 4%).[67]

In the United States, members of Generation Y are less likely to practice organized religion than older generations, and they are more likely to be skeptical of religious institutions.[68] Generation Y has led a trend towards irreligion that has been growing since the 1990s. 32 percent of Americans born between 1983 and 1994 are irreligious, as opposed to 21 percent born between 1963 and 1982, 15 percent born between 1948 and 1962 and only 7 percent born before 1948.[69] A 2005 study looked at 1,385 people aged 18 to 25 and found that more than half of those in the study said that they pray regularly before a meal. One-third said that they discussed religion with friends, attended religious services, and read religious material weekly. 23% of those studied did not identify themselves as religious practitioners.[70]

In the United Kingdom a poll found that more than half of Generation Y have 'no religion nor attended a place of worship', unless it is for a wedding or a funeral. It also found that a third do not believe in any god and that 41% thought religion causes a lot of evil in the world.[67]

gen Y 4ever
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Page 1 of 4