Alright guys so I don't know anything about tubes and heads and whatnot but here's the deal. I need an amp around $100, small enough for my room and also to carry to school, but loud enough to fill like a gym. Tonewise I'm looking at like Black Keys, Nirvana, Undertones, White Stripes, Jet when dirty. I have a tele if that makes a difference. Any suggestions?
Peavey Vypyr 30 used is the best amp in that price range IMO.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by souperman08
Peavey Vypyr 30 used is the best amp in that price range IMO.

That was my first thought, but for under 100?
Washburn MG-44(E)
Ibanez RG421 (Eb)
Art & Lutherie Electric Cutaway
Vox Valvetronix VT40
Vox AC4tv 1x10
Vox Original Wah-Wah Pedal V847-A
MXR '78 Custom Badass Distortion
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
A used Vox Valvetronix or Jet City might suite you better than the Vypyr but why would you want to 'fill a gym' with a $100 practice amp?

Save up.

+1
My Name is Cameron.
Quote by Cathbard
For me, bedroom levels is a cranked plexi half stack.

Now get off my ****ing lawn.

A gym is a huge ass space to fill up. Heck on $100 dollars you'd be lucky to be heard over the drums.
Save up a few more dollars, look into cheap tube amps. Crate V-series comes to mind.

Are you playing death metal?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by Shadowofravenwo
That was my first thought, but for under 100?

Like I said, used. If you go on Guitar Center's used website, they have them for $100 and less all day long.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Save up a few more dollars, look into cheap tube amps. Crate V-series comes to mind.

Are you playing death metal?

No man I hate death metal.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
A used Vox Valvetronix or Jet City might suite you better than the Vypyr but why would you want to 'fill a gym' with a $100 practice amp?

Save up.

Idk talent show, battle of the bands? Guess that's not gonna big enough huh?
To play venues that size, un-miced, you going to want at least 30 watts tube. Even then you'll be pushing the amp fairly hard, and would likly have very little clean headroom.

Do you know what kinda PA system your school has? Would you be able to mic your amp through the PA?

IMO, your best bet is to save up for a Jet City JCA50.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
I just picked up a solid state 40w Crate 2x10 (G40xl I think) for $40 so it can be done via craigslist. Just don't expect anything really good.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by red.guitar
To play venues that size, un-miced, you going to want at least 30 watts tube. Even then you'll be pushing the amp fairly hard, and would likly have very little clean headroom.

Do you know what kinda PA system your school has? Would you be able to mic your amp through the PA?

IMO, your best bet is to save up for a Jet City JCA50.

No, I don't, I just figured I might want to play when I'm older. Anyways thank for the input fellas, first thread out of the way