Hi, so Im going to buy a usb interface soon are there any good brands under 20$? if not like could you say the brand and how much. I dont really have any preferences for how many jacks it has but something that could work for both mic and instruments. Maybe at least 2 jacks?
Whoever said the telecasters were only made for country deserves a banjo slapping.
Rick_Diculous wrote:

A band's greatness is measured on Rock Band sales
Quote by ronkun
Hi, so Im going to buy a usb interface soon are there any good brands under 20$? if not like could you say the brand and how much. I dont really have any preferences for how many jacks it has but something that could work for both mic and instruments. Maybe at least 2 jacks?

wow. i know of no USB interfaces for under 20 bucks. i have played ones under the 100 dollar mark that are pretty crap. def not one piece of equipment worth skimping on, cuz cheap ones sound pretty crappy.

i use presonus products, but most people on this site tend to prefer/recommend focusrite
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
The line 6 UX has one XLR and one 1/4" input. It comes with POD farm and Protools soft-ware. They run $150 new, but are $70 used.

Lexicon makes a unit that is $80 new. but I believe it has one 1/4 jack. And it has no amp/cab sims.

There is the Line 6 GX which is for guitar only, it come with POD farm and runs $99 new but is <$50 used
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
There's a whole sticky dedicated to Interface recommendations over in the Recordings forum.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I use the Alesis I/0 2. Two XLR or Jack inputs. No fancy modelling software, just recording inputs. Second hand on eBay they can be got for about £40, whatever that is in $.
Only interfaces I know under $20 are Chinese replicas of the Behringer UCG102. I wouldn't say they're good but yeah you can record non-professional stuff or practice with a virtual amp. They're like $12-18 on dx.com
Go have a look at the recording thread, where they have a sticky about interfaces.

And beware, there are no such things as good and cheap interfaces.
Behringer ones - and copies of them, are cheap indeed but sound bad.

Though that's not a hell of a problem unless you want some good clean.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
The best "cheap" interface I used was a mackie onyx blackjack. 2 channel, bought it used for $60, sold it for $20. I think they're about $150 new, and do the trick.

Now presonus takes the cake.
$60 at a pawn shop will get you a decent interface. I got a Presonus AudioBox 22VSL for $55 at a pawn shop and there a mess of other ones there as well.