I been looking at this model.how is it for a starter guitar I like how it looks and people on YouTube seem to give it good reviews. I found a place on the net that sets it up and tests
It before they send it out.
It's awesome. Great feel and sound, I've owned my Epi LP Standard for years and it's definitely an awesome guitar. Very versatile guitar as well. If you've got the money and find one for a good price, definitely pick one up. Good luck!
Had one for 2 and a half years, bought new back in 2007 as my first guitar.

It worked well for me, would recommend it if it is a Les Paul you are set on. It won't come close to the quality of a more expensive guitar, but it will do what it supposed to do - be a cheaper alternative if you want a guitar that looks and sounds as a Les Paul.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
It's a decent guitar, but not overly versatile: the sound is great but you can't really get any other sound except a les Paul sound. If that's what you love then it is one of the best in its price range, but there are guitars a similar price that offer more in terms of versatility and ease of play.
I'd personally look at something like Ibanez S series: http://www.pmtonline.co.uk/ibanez-s421-s-series-mahogany-electric-guitar-blackberry-sunburst.html
Mahogany body, maple neck, rosewood 24 fret fretboard and coil tapped infinity humbuckers. Want a decent strat sound it can do that, a les Paul sound? It can do that too... It lacks a little bit of the depth a les Paul has, but is easily one of the best sounding and playing £300 guitars; I'd buy that over an epi les Paul everytime personally.
I think it's a great guitar personally. Owned one since about 04-05 I still play it now and will always keep it.
I've played numerous others too. The new ones are nice with the coil tapping.

I find them so easy to play, the neck feels nice. Not ideal for shredding and fast metal stuff but could be done.
I play mainly punk and rock rhythm with a few lead riffs and solos and it's ideal for that.

If you like the look of it and how a les Paul sounds then go for it.
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
I have a EPI Boneyard les paul It did,t come with a great set up and had i few small problems but nothing that i could'nt fix . the sound is great and all you need is a good pedal to find a type of sound you want - i use a proco rat2 on mine and its great .
The Epi Standard LP is a good guitar, especially for a beginner. You should be able to use it for years to come just fine.

Do you have an amp or an amp in mind for yourself?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
i dont have an amp yet. if u dont get the LP HOW IS THE Ibanez GRX20Z
I'd ignore Ibanez Gio if you have money to get something better. What is your budget?
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Get the LP Standard instead. Ibanez GIO are not very good guitars...
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
I find they vary in quality but the majority of them are functional guitars that deliver a les paul type tone. My friend has a 03 Korean Les Paul and it's definitely a nice guitar. They are a step down from a Gibson LP Studio however.

I play an Agile Al 3100 with my band and it's a good guitar. No crazy sustain like some Studios have, but it sounds really nice. The Epiphone is a similar guitar (if not a little less impressive).

All in all it's a guitar that won't limit your playing or tone and they stay in tune, which is really important.
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
Quote by Tazz3
i dont have an amp yet. if u dont get the LP HOW IS THE Ibanez GRX20Z

You need to give us:
Budget?
Location?
New or used? You will get a much better quality instrument for your money, if you will buy used

If the epiphone is out of your budget, look at Agile. They have some deals right now on the al2100 which is on par with the LP standard. But answer questions and we can better help you
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Epi LP Std was my first guitar and it was pretty decent (though I sold it to fund my new amp). The only thing that I didn't really like was the pickups. First they didn't bother me but when I got my Charvel with DiMarzios, I noticed a huge difference. Oh, and the G string got easily out of tune. There is the Standard Plustop Pro model that has different pickups (people say they are better).
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by Boreesimo
It's a decent guitar, but not overly versatile: the sound is great but you can't really get any other sound except a les Paul sound. If that's what you love then it is one of the best in its price range, but there are guitars a similar price that offer more in terms of versatility and ease of play.
I'd personally look at something like Ibanez S series: http://www.pmtonline.co.uk/ibanez-s421-s-series-mahogany-electric-guitar-blackberry-sunburst.html
Mahogany body, maple neck, rosewood 24 fret fretboard and coil tapped infinity humbuckers. Want a decent strat sound it can do that, a les Paul sound? It can do that too... It lacks a little bit of the depth a les Paul has, but is easily one of the best sounding and playing £300 guitars; I'd buy that over an epi les Paul everytime personally.

Got any videos to back this up?

It's not shaped nor does it have the scale length of a Les Paul.
Washburn MG-44(E)
Ibanez RG421 (Eb)
Art & Lutherie Electric Cutaway
Vox Valvetronix VT40
Vox AC4tv 1x10
Vox Original Wah-Wah Pedal V847-A
MXR '78 Custom Badass Distortion
I live on long island there are a few small music stores and gutair center.
i dont the people that work in guitar center. they tell u anything u wanna hear
tomorrow iam going to a store to check out the epi lp standard
the Agile Al 3100 is 400 dollars i can get the eip lp for 399
or i can get the eip lp 100 and change the pick ups when i get good
Last edited by Tazz3 at Aug 17, 2013,
Quote by Tazz3
I live on long island there are a few small music stores and gutair center.
i dont the people that work in guitar center. they tell u anything u wanna hear
tomorrow iam going to a store to check out the epi lp standard
the Agile Al 3100 is 400 dollars i can get the eip lp for 399
or i can get the eip lp 100 and change the pick ups when i get good

Sorry I typed AL2100 and it is AL-2000 for the agile. They are only $225 new and are on par with the epiphone LP standard. It is a much better guitar than the LP-100 is. And with a pickup change it can be a very nice playing and sounding guitar.

EDIT: I just looked at the agile site and they have 3 AL-2000 models for $159. I would jump on that if I were you TS
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Aug 17, 2013,
I've had two Epi LPs, a '90s MIK Goldtop Standard and a '10 MIC P&E Standard. Both were great players and well worth the money. That said, my advice is to play the candidates and decide which one you like best.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pearl & Ebony • Les Paul PlusTop Pro Honeyburst • AJ220VS • Squier Standard Stratocaster CAR
Marshall Class 5 Combo • Digitech HT-2 • Vox V847 • MXR M68 Uni-Vibe • Soul Food • BOSS SD-1 • Digitech RV-7
I like the way the Al 2000 looks the blue one I saw some YouTube videos it sounds good what site should I get it from.does it need a set up
The ones they have for $159 are nice, they are tobacco burst, heritage cherry burst and another burst. It even comes with Grover tuners.
If I had an extra $160 laying around I'd buy one just to have.

You have to order them from www.rondomusic.com they are a Us company. They get really good reviews on their quality and playability. At worst they have a good return policy. You might not like the pickups, but you can get a good set from GFS for cheap.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The one iam geting is 239 dollars its the tribal blue from Ron do.
Now I need an amp maybe a small practice amp they have one for 49 dollars
Last edited by Tazz3 at Aug 17, 2013,
Go to the Guitar, Gear & Accessory forum and make a what amp thread. You will get better amp recommendations from that forum.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate