Page 1 of 2
Tomorrows my last day with a girl I dated for 2 years, before I move away. The past few months I felt like I didn't even like her, but now that its ending its hitting me so much harder than I ever imagined. All of her/my friends are moving but she is staying in the same place and coming to where I am next year. Which makes me feel bad she will have no one to be with and will probably meet new friends/guys.
I'm scared that I'm never going to find anyone that would like me as much as her and getting hurt, but I don't think she is the one I want to be with. Should I try long distance or not? Or should I move on and quit being scared and go threw the stages again of finding someone new to love? I know that to get over her I won't be able to talk to her but that makes me so sad. Do I cut off communication?
Quote by hahaha15
Should I try long distance or not?

You can try, if you want.

It's not gonna work, no chance in hell, but you can still give it a shot.
Buy a sex doll and tape a picture of her onto it. Then just carry her around and have dates with her and stuff. You could get a tape recorder and record a few responses to make conversation.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
long distance is tough even if you really like the person, and it sounds like you don't. you'll find someone else.
cat
Quote by CodeMonk
don't even think about it.
just live your life one day at a time.

I live my life a quarter mile at a time.

E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by CoreysMonster
You can try, if you want.

It's not gonna work, no chance in hell, but you can still give it a shot.

It sounds like they have a set time in the future that they will get together again. That improves the odds.

But, being away for a year is quite something, especially right after high school. You change A LOT during those years. And as you've said that it's hitting you now after feeling like you didn't like her, I wonder if that may be, in part, because of the prospect of losing a significant and familiar part of your life.

Oh, and don't try to find "someone new to love." That's dumb. You break up, cut off all communication and be single indefinitely. Trying to replace feelings like that doesn't work out well.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at Aug 17, 2013,
^in fairness to CM the OP stated his interest in her is pretty inconsistent and he's only feeling it now because in a month or so he's not going to have any crumpet.
ha-haaa
Quote by Banjocal
^in fairness to CM the OP stated his interest in her is pretty inconsistent and he's only feeling it now because in a month or so he's not going to have any crumpet.

Yeah, I added an edit.

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by hahaha15
Tomorrows my last day with a girl I dated for 2 years, before I move away. The past few months I felt like I didn't even like her, but now that its ending its hitting me so much harder than I ever imagined. All of her/my friends are moving but she is staying in the same place and coming to where I am next year. Which makes me feel bad she will have no one to be with and will probably meet new friends/guys.
I'm scared that I'm never going to find anyone that would like me as much as her and getting hurt, but I don't think she is the one I want to be with. Should I try long distance or not? Or should I move on and quit being scared and go threw the stages again of finding someone new to love? I know that to get over her I won't be able to talk to her but that makes me so sad. Do I cut off communication?

Key points bolded. I was in absolutely the exact same situation after high school. I had dated a girl for 3 years. I was going out of state to college, as were the bulk of her friends, and she was staying and going to a local CC. I had experienced the same feelings you talked about during the end. You have no reason to feel bad that you're moving on and doing new things while she's staying where she is. That's ridiculous.

We ended up staying together until about halfway through the first semester, and it was miserable. She kept talking about how she wanted to come visit every weekend, and on the few weekends she did visit, we did nothing but stay in my dorm and neglect all of the friends I had made to that point. You're going to meet a ton of new people, and it's a huge hinderance to hold onto something like that from back home. Keep old friends, but don't let them stop you from doing what you want to do.

Don't cut off communication, but make sure it doesn't define you. It's healthy to talk, it's not healthy to talk non-stop.

And for the love of god, don't try to find "someone new to love". Find someone you like spending time with. Looking for love will just end in you looking like an idiot.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
Quote by wyldething
And for the love of god, don't try to find "someone new to love". Find someone you like spending time with. Looking for love will just end in you looking like an idiot.

This
Quote by Spoony_Bard
I live my life a quarter mile at a time.

I live mine one ridiculous flying car jump at a time.

because **** realism.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
It won't work. And is she going to college/uni? Cause then I will be that guy and say yeah, no chance in hell is it working.
You said you're not sure you want to be with her forever. Don't even bother with LDR, that shit takes serious commitment and effort.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
^They don't work when you're with the wrong person.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Some long distances do work. My mom and dad were a long distance relationship (Ontario to British Columbia) and they ended up getting married. They talked on the phone every night. Technology has made it even easier with skype and other video chatting. However, if you want to break it off, I think after two years of dating that she deserves the to be told the truth in person.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by captaincrunk
I'll bet she does anal if you really try for it

/thread
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
No matter what you do, within 3 months you won't be with her.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
People change a lot in their college years... and there are a lot of opportunities in the college years. Sounds to me like you may be more worried about being lonely man, which is perfectly normal. But you shouldn't try to keep a relationship alive out of fear that there is no one else out there. I feel for ya but the other guys are right, in the end it may not be worth the energy to try to keep things alive. It all depends on how strongly you really feel about the girl. Most of all, don't be afraid of change! There's a lot of life out there!

With all that said, there are people who end up with their high school sweethearts, and as another posted suggested, you gotta do what your heart tells you. Only YOU know what you gotta do! Although you have expressed your doubts.

Good luck buddy!
Last edited by koijak at Aug 17, 2013,
ohhh to be young and stupid again.. There's chicks to bang anywhere.. I assume your both going to college? Or at least you are.. Don't ruin the best time of your life by being in a long distance relationship. There are going to be a ton of chicks at college that just moved away too and they are going to be looking to bang.. Go and try to sleep with as many of them as you can
Why not try long distance? If it works, that's great. If not, you're back to where you'd be if you end it now.
Isn't there a relationship thread around here somewhere for all of this shit to be piled on?
"Dude, am I really thinking or am I, just like, thinking that I'm thinking?" -Bill Nye

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
I don't believe the Big Bang
Rape her so she remembers you forever.

Better yet, if you have the herpes you could give it to her so she always carries a part of you.
GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by ProtoCosmos
Rape her so she remembers you forever.

Better yet, if you have the herpes you could give it to her so she always carries a part of you.
Shouldn't you be at school?
ha-haaa
Quote by Thrashtastic15
That's like saying Somalian pirates can become multi-millionaires and live in a beach house in California. Sure, it could happen, but I wouldn't put any money on it.
In fairness it does depend on what the people are like. If two people are interested in a long term relationship over something less lengthy, their chances of having a successful LTR are exponentially greater. And those sorts of people aren't exactly a rare breed.
ha-haaa
That's a hard call.

A lot of people/kids, when they're getting near to graduate high school or the equivalent and make a big change in their life, subconsciously start to sever relationships because it might make it easier for them, whether they realize it or not. It's hard to make good judgments when you're in that state of mind, but my advice is to give a shot and make a better decision later on.

It happened to me a slight bit, and I sort of broke up with my high school sweetheart for a month or couple weeks or something, but then I realized I was being an idiot, and the kind of person I hate, so we got back together. Did the legitimate long distance thing for awhile, got married, and celebrated our 3 year anniversary a months ago. My marriage is awesome, and I basically almost ruined that when I was leaving high school.

Dunno, I ain't no psychologist (psychobabble nonsense anyways!) but here's an anecdote that can hopefully help
My God, it's full of stars!
I'm more or less going through the same thing right now, except she's the one moving away. My other friends keep telling me that it'll work out if it's meant to be. Good luck man.
I pride myself on my humility.
Quote by mtshark
I'm more or less going through the same thing right now, except she's the one moving away. My other friends keep telling me that it'll work out if it's meant to be. Good luck man.

Yeah, that's a cop out. Work on that shit as best you can. If it doesn't pan out, don't cheapen it by thinking that "it wasn't meant to be" or some other bullshit.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by hahaha15
but I don't think she is the one I want to be with.

Look, you answered your own question.
i wish i had a highschool sweetheart.. or one of those girl next door stories where you fall in love with the girl you grew up with and stuff. oh well.

If you think she's worth it, give it a shot. Only you can decide if you want it enough to try.
"This one is machine and nerve, and has its mind concluded
This one is but flesh and faith, and is the more deluded."
Page 1 of 2