Can anyone help identify this Epiphone Les Paul?

It's headstock only has the Epiphone text at the top and Gibson on the truss rod cover but there's no indication of model.

The body appears to be a single piece of wood as there's no binding and it's very thin around the sides, very well contoured.

My first thought was it could be a Les Paul Studio, but those have a set neck, whereas this one is a bolt-on neck. I have seen some Epiphone's with bolt-on necks before so I know it's not totally unheard of.

Any suggestions? Will post a photo later but I only have one of the front of the guitar, which probably won't help very much!
PRS SE Chris Robertson
PRS SE EG
PRS SE Angelus Custom
Yamaha SF1000 (Both of 'em)

Laney L20H Lionheart
Marshall 1936 w/ Eminence

Rather large pedalboard..
Sounds like an epiphone special/special II, but without pics no one will know for sure
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I don't know about the the Special, but a friend of mine has a Special II and that has it identified on the headstock so I'd assume it wouldn't be that. I'll check out the special
PRS SE Chris Robertson
PRS SE EG
PRS SE Angelus Custom

Laney L20H Lionheart

Quote by makutoid
I don't know about the the Special, but a friend of mine has a Special II and that has it identified on the headstock so I'd assume it wouldn't be that. I'll check out the special

Over the years epiphone has used various neck plates on the same guitars

is it a humber guitar or a P-90 guitar?
1 or 2 pickups?
Does it have a flat or carved top?

There are not a lot of bolt-on LP models from Epiphone:
LP Jr
Lp special
LP 100 (but I believe this has a carved top)
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
It has 2 humbuckers, and it's a carved top rather than flat. I'm starting to think it might be a fake, although it feels and sounds like Epiphone quality, the fact that it doesn't have the model printed on the headstock leaves me a bit confused, as all the ones I can find with a bolt on neck have the model printed somewhere.. :/
PRS SE Chris Robertson
PRS SE EG
PRS SE Angelus Custom

Laney L20H Lionheart

Quote by makutoid
It has 2 humbuckers, and it's a carved top rather than flat. I'm starting to think it might be a fake, although it feels and sounds like Epiphone quality, the fact that it doesn't have the model printed on the headstock leaves me a bit confused, as all the ones I can find with a bolt on neck have the model printed somewhere.. :/

I have noticed lots of fakes on ebay but why they would want to make a EPI fake is crazy but then again they are quit popular . Do you have a pic
With out pic's we have no clue
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by makutoid
Can anyone help identify this Epiphone Les Paul?

It's headstock only has the Epiphone text at the top and Gibson on the truss rod cover but there's no indication of model.

The body appears to be a single piece of wood as there's no binding and it's very thin around the sides, very well contoured.

My first thought was it could be a Les Paul Studio, but those have a set neck, whereas this one is a bolt-on neck. I have seen some Epiphone's with bolt-on necks before so I know it's not totally unheard of.

Any suggestions? Will post a photo later but I only have one of the front of the guitar, which probably won't help very much!

To me, that sounds like an older Epiphone. I've seen a few Epiphone Flying V's with Epiphone on the headstock and then Gibson on truss rod cover.

The more the pics you can get, the more we can try to help you.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by makutoid

http://epiphonewiki.com/index.php/All_Les_Paul_Models

TRCs with 'Gibson' on it have been 'stock' for 15 years at least
Last edited by paruwi at Aug 17, 2013,
Quote by dazzzer30
I have noticed lots of fakes on ebay but why they would want to make a EPI fake is crazy but then again they are quit popular . Do you have a pic

Epis get faked 'cause uneducated people and 'deal hunters' buy them day for day
are the humbuckers uncovered? If so its a Epiphone Les Paul 100, it is the cheapest Les Paul available from Gibson, I own one, No binding, Gibson on the truss rod cover, uncovered humbuckers.
They are about £120 new,
Hope that helps!
Quote by MutantWombat
are the humbuckers uncovered? If so its a Epiphone Les Paul 100, it is the cheapest Les Paul available from Gibson, I own one, No binding, Gibson on the truss rod cover, uncovered humbuckers.
They are about £120 new,
Hope that helps!

Fail !

Where can you get them below 150 GBP NEW !

and

the LP 100 is not the cheapest LP by Epiphone.....
OK the only photo I have is of the front of the guitar, which I assume won't be much use but anyway, follow this link

http://carsandguitars.co.uk/electric/sg/yamaha-sf500/img_3212-2/

From the Epiphone website it looked like the Les Paul 100 had the model stamped on it, but thanks. I'll have a look through that list of all models, cheers!
PRS SE Chris Robertson
PRS SE EG
PRS SE Angelus Custom

Laney L20H Lionheart

I'd say it's an EPI LP100 but someone has taken off the LP100 Cover and put a Gibson one it but i can't be sure
"Music Without Emotion Is Like Food Without Flavour"
Paul Gilbert
Quote by makutoid
OK the only photo I have is of the front of the guitar, which I assume won't be much use but anyway, follow this link

http://carsandguitars.co.uk/electric/sg/yamaha-sf500/img_3212-2/

From the Epiphone website it looked like the Les Paul 100 had the model stamped on it, but thanks. I'll have a look through that list of all models, cheers!

It looks like an older LP 100 when they still had Gibson written on the truss rod cover.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Early model LP-100's didnt have any silkscreening on the headstock. They were blank. I'm not sure when this changed, but I'm guessing that it was this way for several years at least. You most definitely have an LP-100 Studio. No doubt about it.

You can see examples of various models of the LP-100 with and without silkscreens on the headstock here. http://epiphonewiki.com/index.php/Les_Paul_Numbered_Models#Les_Paul-100_Studio

All of the pics are stock photos from catalogs or the Epiphone press site.
Last edited by RobinTH at Aug 22, 2013,