Ok so, most of you who've been reading my threads know i'm ordering new tubes for my amp.

Now when looking on what to order .

first of all , Power tubes , i see i can get singles, or matched pairs quads etc.

EL34L , Now , they're the same price, like you don't get charged extra for matched, but should i get a matched quad , or 4 singles? And why ?

Now preamp tubes

I'm getting an ECC82 that will act as the phase invertor in the amp, and has to go in a specific slot.

I see :

Ecc82 Standard
Ecc82 Balanced
Ecc82 Matched Triodes
Ecc82 Matched & Balanced

There's barely a price difference between them, So which one should i get? And why
, i see under balanced that it's ment for phase invertor use, but why should i get
balanced isntead of matched & Balanced?

Ok now for the other 3 preamp tubes i'm getting ECC83s

I see :

Ecc83s standard
Ecc83s Balanced
Ecc83s Matched Triode
Ecc83s Matched & Balanced
Ecc83s High-Gain
Ecc83s High-Gain & Balanced.

Again , barely a price difference , which ones do i want, and why ?

Thanks. Btw, They're jj's
You want matched power tubes. If your amp only has 2 power tubes then a matched pair is fine, but you can order a quad so you will not have to re-bias latter when you change them again. Of course if you have 4 power tubes then get a quad.

For the PI a balanced tube is not required, but it will not hurt anything at all to have a balance tube.

For the rest of your tubes, Hi-gain will give you the most grit out of them. You do not need to get matched or balanced tubes unless your amp specifically calls for them.

Where are your ordering from?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Thanks, very informative, i'll go for quad since my amp requires 4.

And from eurotubes .

Question is though , though they're not required , am i better of getting balanced or matched? it's like 25c difference. And i'll ring my amp manufacturer and ask, and if they said a standard is fine , that means i can either get standard or high gain?
matched power tubes

balanced for phase inverter

the rest doesn't matter - do what you want, there is a certain about of snake oil there.

(you could have covered this in one of your other threads)

also check out www.dougstubes.com per your other thread

Robb - this is a 100w Blackstar Series 1
Well with balanced PI tubes, lots of people say they can hear a difference in certain amps. But the reality of it is that you are putting a balanced tube in an unbalanced circuit. So technically it does not matter, but getting one balanced will not hurt anything at all.

Is this the HT100?

You might want to check tubedepot, valvequeen, dougstubes for pricing also. I bought a quad of the JJ E34L from Tubedepot.com for $46 a few months ago when they had a sale.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Nope the series one 100, and got it 311 , rob , thanks =]

ill go for matched quad, balanced PI , and standard ecc83s's

Didn't want to bump that thread since it's slowly dying, and well i've got all the info i want on the safety tips, and yeah =]

Thanks a bunch, i really hope i don't have more questions soon, amazing crowd here though.
No problem weirdzaid.

I only said that because this is a similar topic (tubes) and I just didn't want people rehashing the same questions as it tends to burn cycles.

What amp do you have?
What about Tung Sols?
What is your plate voltage?
Have you considered dougstubes?
Do you know the safety rules?

blah blah bla.....you get my point.

No worries

Carry on and good luck. Hope it all goes well.