I've been doing some reading about proper position and I know that resting your wrist on the guitar is a bad habit. I noticed that's not a problem for me, but I do have a tendency to always rest my forearm on the guitar. It seems unavoidable...lifting it off and have it sorta floating in the air is an exercise in itself.

Is there any harm in letting your forearm 'rest' (more like brush up against) the body of the guitar? It's the meaty part of the arm before the elbow, forearm might be slightly inaccurate.
Quote by big muff pedal
I've been doing some reading about proper position and I know that resting your wrist on the guitar is a bad habit. I noticed that's not a problem for me, but I do have a tendency to always rest my forearm on the guitar. It seems unavoidable...lifting it off and have it sorta floating in the air is an exercise in itself.

Is there any harm in letting your forearm 'rest' (more like brush up against) the body of the guitar? It's the meaty part of the arm before the elbow, forearm might be slightly inaccurate.

Nothing wrong with that; going fully floating is generally a bad idea unless you do it completely naturally, without any effort. Most people don't.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.