Hey guys, I have a Marshall valvestate 50w head that I run through a 4x12. However I'm sick of lugging the 4x12 around especially for smaller venues. I also have a fender FM 212r combo (100w) so I was wondering if I could somehow run my head through it?
My theory is that if I go out of the marahalls effect loop, and into the fenders "power in" input it will work.?? Or maybe just go right into the main input of the fender? But I really have no idea and don't want to risk frying my amps. Any advice would be great, I don't really have the cash for a decent 2x12 right now and don't really want to part with either amp.
Thanks
plmokn12 wrote:
Yes! You deserve a high five in the spirit of Jim Henson.

Gretsch G5129
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Stratocaster HSS
Yamaha FG-336SB
It should work fine going VS FX send>Fender FX return.
You can try running it VS FX send>Fender guitar input

But do not hook the power section of the VS to any where on the Fender (or vice versa). If you do you will ruin 1 or both amps

Going FXloop to FX loop will bypass the fenders tone stack and use ony the power section of the fender.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The fender doesn't have an effects loop. It has a pre out, and a power in, which I know nothing about. Would that work?
plmokn12 wrote:

Gretsch G5129
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Stratocaster HSS
Yamaha FG-336SB
That is the FX loop, Fender just labeled it differently. on your amp: pre-out=FX send, power-in=FX return.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Oh okay awesome. Thanks a lot man
plmokn12 wrote:

Gretsch G5129
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Stratocaster HSS
Yamaha FG-336SB