Hey guys,

Sorry if this is wrong sub-forum. I was taking out my Jackson RR-3 to clean and was checking the wires under the cover plate and found a rogue wire. One end is open and the other is soldered to a little metal plate piece that's screwed against the inside wall of the wire compartment. Does anyone know if this is supposed to be soldered somewhere or intentionally left open?

I don't know if this was like this (I don't believe it was because I don't recall any open wires from previous inspections) or if I knocked it lose from somewhere when removing the plate. I took some pictures in hopes that would help anyone identify it.

I'm not very good with the electronics aspect of things so any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Here comes the Metal Meltdown,
Run for your lives.
Can't stop the Metal Meltdown,
No one survives.
That is a ground, so solder it to the back of one of the pots
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Thanks Robb! Does it matter which pot and/or prong on the pot?
Here comes the Metal Meltdown,
Run for your lives.
Can't stop the Metal Meltdown,
No one survives.
well I always make sure that all of my grounds are connected somehow. But you can put it on the back of any of them

Is the guitar making any unusual sounds like humming, excessive feedback/squealing? If not then you could probably leave the wire be. But it is a ground wire, so connecting it to ground is not gonna hurt anything.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Is the guitar making any unusual sounds like humming, excessive feedback/squealing? If not then you could probably leave the wire be. But it is a ground wire, so connecting it to ground is not gonna hurt anything.

Also if your guitar has active pickups then you do not need to worry about the ground wire being connected.
Just telling, every wire that doesn't affect the sound of the guitar (it plays just as well with the wire cut) is a ground wire