Hi! I am new to the UG board.

I have a question that I've trying to solve for hours. I've just spent several hours chaining my pedalboard but it didn't turn how I wanted it to be.

My problem: How can I place my volume pedal (FV-500H) on the very end of the left or right side (like a multi effects unit). I don't like when the volume is in the middle of the board as it just looks ugly. I know how I'd basically chain my board I have now idea on how I'd able to place the volume pedal the way I like it without ruining my tone/sound.

Sorry for the long post, but I really needed it.

Reference (These are my pedals
Korg PB01
TC Elec. Dark Matter
TC Elec. Spark Booster
Digitech CM-2 O/D
BOSS DD-3
BOSS GE-7
BOSS CH-1
BOSS FV-500H

Thanks for reading through and possibly helping.
Visually I wouldn't know, but you'd want the volume to go first, or just after your tuner pedal, as it's the high impedance version. I remember the high impedance ones being advertised for your guitar to go straight into and the low impedance ones to go somewhere further down your effects chain.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Quote by Lavatain
Visually I wouldn't know, but you'd want the volume to go first, or just after your tuner pedal, as it's the high impedance version. I remember the high impedance ones being advertised for your guitar to go straight into and the low impedance ones to go somewhere further down your effects chain.

The FV-500H does have a tuner output so I can use that, right?
Will the volume pedal suck any sound or tones?
If I'd be able to put the volume pedal as my first pedal, it'd be extremely convenient.
Are you running anything in the FX loop, or is everything going in front?

If you want everything to be set up to a certain visual presence, know that little 6" patch cables will not cut it. You'll have to cut your own lengths. I did it for my board by using old cables I had, cutting them down and using the connectors from my patch cables.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by techcrackw
The FV-500H does have a tuner output so I can use that, right?
Will the volume pedal suck any sound or tones?
If I'd be able to put the volume pedal as my first pedal, it'd be extremely convenient.

I didn't consider that, yes you can use the tuner output from the volume pedal. Like I say I'm sure I remember the high impedance volume pedal being advertised as running straight from the guitar for best performance. As far as tone sucking, there shouldn't be anything you'd notice.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.