I started a new job recently where they let us listen to music while we work, but only in one ear unfortunately, so headphones are out.

I need some kind of MP3 player as I lost my old one. Most of my music is not with me, so I'm probably just going to sign up for spotify premium for a few months, so it needs to be compatible with Spotify. Something with pretty good memory is important too because I'd like to rip the CDs that I *do* have in a lossless format. The main thing though is that it needs to be able to play mono, because listening to stereo with sound coming into only one ear sounds pretty bad.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Last edited by WNxScythe at Aug 17, 2013,
Quote by whywefight
there is no reason to ever listen to mono

pffffffft
>plans to listen to music in one ear
>cares about lossless
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
I don't listen to music only at work . I'll be using it for when I'm running and pretty much doing anything other than sitting at my computer.
Quote by WNxScythe
I don't listen to music only at work . I'll be using it for when I'm running and pretty much doing anything other than sitting at my computer.

I just find the idea of caring about lossless formats really useless unless you've got a decent speaker system at home.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
I haven't tried it but a iPhone or iPod should be able to do it
COOLEST GUITAR EVER!
Peavey: Vypyr 15W
ESP: H-1001
Guitar Rig 5 with Kontrol
Eleven rack
Fender blues Jr III
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro
Daredevil 77 IC Op-Amp Fuzz
lossless played through mono? i'd say that's kinda a pointless waste of space but wharever floats your boat...other than that, isnt mono/stereo based on your headphones or whatever is plugged in? if im correct with that, then just get an ipod and download the spotify app... if not then i have no idea
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
why only one ear? what job is it that you do?
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
I had Spotify for a few weeks before they made you pay for it. It was pretty good, it did its job and the radio related songs thingo was great. I presume you want to use Spotify directly on your MP3 player and I'm pretty sure only iPod touches are compatible for that kinda thing. So yeah I'd reccomend an iPod touch. Also If you wanna listen to full albums and stuff YouTube is a much better place for that. iPod touches come with the YouTube app and if you're listening to music it gives you an artist bio and related artists. Also for the best quality CD sound, like the other guys said it really depends on your soundsystem. If you've got crap headphones it won't make a difference how good the file is. Even on a decent pair of headphones the difference between a WAV and a high quality MP3 is extremely minimal and uses a lot less space. So yeah, get an iPod touch with the latest apple earpods and use YouTube. :P