My hughes & kettner triamp mk2 was delivered to me yesterday that I purchased on ebay. I don't have an avatar cab yet but I wanted to verify that the amp worked. I have a blackheart little giant mini stack with the 1x12 cab loaded with a 75 watt eminence. The back of the cab has two jacks and underneath the jacks says '16 ohm parallel jacks'.

I plugged the cab into the 16 ohm jack of my amp and flipped the switch on the back of the amp to cut the wattage down from 100 watts to 50 watts. I cranked the volume and drive up and started playing and about 5 minutes later noticed an 'electrical' smell coming from the speaker. The speaker did not sound any differently and the only thing that tipped me off that something was wrong was the smell.

That cab has always been played with the 5 watt black heart head and never driven as hard as it was today although I have played the black heart wide open through it. Does it sound like I damaged the speaker?
It's a burning plastic sort of smell. however if you get to that stage the speaker will simply stop working altogether. Chances are you're just smelling filth being burned off.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
When I'm blown, I smell like whiskey and strippers most of the time
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Yeah, if you damage the voice coil, you'll know it. So, maybe it'd be a good idea to turn it down a little.
Quote by Robbgnarly
When I'm blown, I smell like whiskey and strippers most of the time

****in' Hilarious!

Back when I knew Jack all about gear, I played bass. I had a 300 watt Behringer (See what I mean) I liked to crank it pretty loud. When I did, I got that burning electrical smell. I waved it off like a ****** (I think I was 14 or so). Something ended blowing on it. I'm not sure what. I sold it at a yardsale for 25 bucks. I told the guy I thought it was the speaker but I'm not sure.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Did you use speaker cable to connect to the cab?
using the same kind of cable for that that you use fr sat, your guitar is not a good idea.
Generally speaking, blown speakers smell like burning money...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
What does a blown speaker smell like?
Lipstick?

Remove V1 & V6. Put the 12AX7 from V1 into V6 and leave V1 empty. Try the vibrato channel.
They usually smell a bit like linden trees

at least that what it smelled like when mine broke
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger