Page 3 of 4
Here's mine:

thrash riff

I could clean it up a bit, but I want the competition to keep moving.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Let's wait a bit, I think there might be a few left. Nosferatu, Helloween, Abomination, I'm looking at you guys. Get at it, I wanna hear them.
I had a basic idea and it's developing quite well haha. I've just had a shitload of shit to do lately sadly but the riffs almost done! leaving in a few hours so I'll try to get it in by then if not then tomorrow for sure since it's goddamn Sunday, wake Jesus up with dat thrash know what I mean?
Abomi only has internet access only during sporadic intervals. That's why he wanted someone to co-manage this with him, but I don't think anyone volunteered. Regardless I'm going to go ahead and suggest that we can continue without Abomi. He can make it up later. I think we can allow that due to his circumstances.

Nosferatu, however, I think we should give another day or two and after that move on, and he's out.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

goddamnit! I was thinking about this all day then work happened! however, tomorrow without fail I promise thee brothers!!! >;C it'll be worth the wait me thinks
aw cmon it aint that much lol theres some silence here and there and yours was 32 :P Lad's was 46 and mines 48 lol
I fucked off to Canada for a bit, sorry I wasn't active for this
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by NosferatuZodd09
aw cmon it aint that much lol theres some silence here and there and yours was 32 :P Lad's was 46 and mines 48 lol

I'm just teasing, lol.
Quote by Kytokinesis
Abomi only has internet access only during sporadic intervals. That's why he wanted someone to co-manage this with him, but I don't think anyone volunteered. Regardless I'm going to go ahead and suggest that we can continue without Abomi. He can make it up later. I think we can allow that due to his circumstances.

Nosferatu, however, I think we should give another day or two and after that move on, and he's out.

I take this to mean we should start posting our reviews.

I'm fine with waiting a few more days but by the 10th this round will've been going for 3 weeks, gotta move on sometime.
DISCLAIMER: There's a very good chance that i have no idea what i'm talking about.

Quote by CodeMonk
Your sig has never been more true.
And you are a piss poor troll.

Quote by phayzze
Can someone explain to me wtf this guy is on about

Quote by NosferatuZodd09
I wouldn't at all oppose to you submitting your riffs but we'd have to see if the other fellows agree

So do the round 1 riff, round 1 reviews, and round 2 riff?

I could probably do that tonight really, I've got nothing going on.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
yeah bro just do it :P always fun to add another riff to the review pile haha, probably should start getting our Round 2 Reviews in too, we'll just catch up whenever Abo shows up
Quote by palm mute
So do the round 1 riff, round 1 reviews, and round 2 riff?

I could probably do that tonight really, I've got nothing going on.

Do eet!
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/palm+mute/music/all/play1222627

I'm not terribly into either of these subgenres that much so neither of these sound very inspired. I'm thinking about redoing them on a mic that doesn't suck if it takes awhile to move to the next round, a couple of takes I had to scrap because it tends to pop randomly even if I'm not playing that loud.

Edit: lol it cuts off the end of the hm one

My reviews will be in shortly.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Last edited by palm mute at Oct 7, 2013,
Heavy:

NosferatuZodd09- 4/5 solid

Abomination94- 5/5 fucking awesome

The Virtuoso- 3/5 the hammer ons kind of took away from the melody

crazysam23_Atax- 2/5 there wasn't a clear idea that stood out to me

SaintVitus- 5/5 would love to hear you flesh that out into a full song actually

Kytokinesis- 4/5 the ending stops it so abruptly, my ears want it to finish

Jehannum- 3/5 solid

UnarmedLad- 3/5 I think we were the only ones to take that approach to heavy metal

RiffYourFaceOff- 5/5 sounds like a riff some of the heavyweights would use

The Wildchild- 5/5 catchy as fuck, too bad we can't add harmonies

Sanitarium91- 4/5 solid

Ultraussie- 3/5 audio issues aside it still sounds like a decent riff

Helloween4Ever- 4/5 catchy

Thrash:

NosferatuZodd09- 3/5 sounds more like death metal than thrash to me, but good nonetheless

The Virtuoso- 3/5 decent

crazysam23_Atax- 3/5 a bit too chuggy

SaintVitus- 4/5 solid

Kytokinesis- 3/5 another that I feel is more death than thrash, but good

Jehannum- 5/5 killer

UnarmedLad- 4/5 I like that you muted more than just opens

RiffYourFaceOff- 4/5 sounds cool

Sanitarium91- 5/5 probably my favorite this round

Helloween4Ever- 4/5 very solid, almost gave it a 5

I'm looking forward to the next three rounds much more than the first two, hopefully the game continues.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Last edited by palm mute at Oct 8, 2013,
Edited my original post, will edit this one with reviews tomorrow.

HELLEDIT:
NosferatuZodd09- 3.5/5
The Virtuoso- 4/5
crazysam23_Atax- 2.5/5
SaintVitus-3.5 /5
Kytokinesis- 3/5
Jehannum- 5/5
UnarmedLad- 4/5
RiffYourFaceOff- 3.5/5
Sanitarium91- 5/5
Palm mute - 3/5
Abom - 3/5
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
Last edited by Helloween4Ever at Oct 10, 2013,
Glad you're joining palm mute, and wow, you're quicker than every single one of the rest of us! Will post reviews when I'm less crazy busy (making homework at 6 A.M...).
Sorry about the wait brothers, but my riff is finally up.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Abomination94

As much as I love some good ol' thrashing, I don't seem to have the knack for writing it, I'm not entirely happy with the riff but I figure I've held up the competition long enough.
Also please ignore the first run through of the riff, a wee fuck up but I just don't have the time to get a perfect recording right now.

I'll get my reviews up asap.
Pestilent winds
Rotting earth
Fire streaks the skies
Slow decay
Putrid stench
The Light chokes and dies
Ave finis!
Ave finis!
Ave finis!
...In vacuo...
Last edited by Abomination94 at Oct 10, 2013,
I thought this day would never come.

Riff Your Face Off - 4
Sanitarium - 4.5
Helloween4ever - 4.5
UnarmedLad - 3
Jehannum - 3.5
Kytokinesis - 3
CrazySam - 3
The Virtuoso - 3.5
NosferatuZodd - 4
Abomination - 4
Palm Mute :
Heavy -
Thrash - 3.5
DISCLAIMER: There's a very good chance that i have no idea what i'm talking about.

Quote by CodeMonk

Quote by phayzze

Sanitarium91 : 5/5 Really captured the spacey Vektor style that I went for with my riff, but you did a much better job
Jehannum : 4.5/5
crazysam23_Atax : 2.5/5 couldn't quite make out the rhythm you were going for
SaintVitus : 4/5
Kytokinesis : 3/5
UnarmedLad : 3.5/5
The Virtuoso : 3/5
Helloween4Ever : 4/5
NosferatuZodd09 : 3.5
palm mute : Heavy Metal: 3.5/5
Thrash: 3/5
Abomination94 : 4.5/5 Love this one, really high energy
last.fm
"the waves have now a redder glow..."
RiffYourFaceOff: 4/5 I really like the tremolo parts between the chords, nice.
Sanitarium91 : 5/5 Fantastic Sanitarium.
Jehannum : 5/5 I really like this one a lot too. You have a good, crunchy tone.
crazysam23_Atax : 2.5/5 Sounds really sporadic, you should try to clean it up a bit.
SaintVitus : 4/5 Almost sounds death thrashy to me, good job.
Kytokinesis : 4/5 It's probably just the sound quality, but I like how bassy your tremolo picking sounds.
UnarmedLad : 4/5 Nice, solid riff man.
Helloween4Ever : 5/5 Good, almost crossover feel to this one, nice.
NosferatuZodd09 : 4/5 I really love this riff, but it sounds more death metal to me, haha. Great stuff though Nos.
palm mute : Heavy Metal: 3.5/5 I'm getting a Sabbath feel from this one which suggests Doom to me, but good job nonetheless.
Thrash: 3/5 Not bad, but it just sounds a little tame to me.
Abomination94 : 5/5 Good high speed riff man.

Sorry for the late post. I enjoyed the submissions this round, let's move forward men!
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Last edited by The Virtuoso at Oct 15, 2013,
Can we start uploading doom riffs yet? I likely won't have the time to upload mine next week but I've already got it recorded.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Do it Palm Mute. I'll try to have mine up by Friday.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Quote by The Virtuoso

Kytokinesis : 4/5 It's probably just the sound quality, but I like how bassy your tremolo picking sounds.

Yea for some reason Audacity didn't like my low E 0000000000000000000000

NosferatuZodd09 - 5/5 High speed thrash attack! I can tell there's some real finger gymnastics going on that is a little drowned out by the recording apparatus.

The Virtuoso - 4/5 - Ends kind of abruptly (I guess what people were complaining about my heavy metal entry ) but other than that great riffage.

crazysam23_Atax - 2/5 Sam you know you're my bro but this just sounds messy.

SaintVitus - 4/5 Sounds great, almost feels doomy at first but then it delivers

Jehannum - 4/5 Heavy as fuk

UnarmedLad - 3.5/5 Main riff is great, but I didn't like how you focused so much on the dissonant refrain.

RiffYourFaceOff - 5/5 loved it, sounds like it's straight from Omega Conspiracy-era Agent Steel.

Sanitarium91 - 5/5 sounds professional.

Palm mute -
heavy: 3/5 sounds pretty classic.
thrash: 4/5 I think you embodied the feel of the genre better here than on heavy metal.

Abomi - 4/5 Nice and fast. Though I don't know what it is but for some reason it sounds to me like it could be the theme song for G.I. Joe or something

Helloween4Ever - 3/5 Pretty solid.

There were a lot of great riffs this time around. You're all a lot better at writing thrash than I am.

Guys, I think I'm gonna have to drop out of the competition. I literally have no time between school and everything else. I'm sorry, but I'm fairly certain the reason my riffs aren't "up to par" is because I have no time to actually practice them or make them solid, lol. I'll post my final reviews in the next day or two. But after that, I'm gonna have to bow out.
Fuck me are we still playing this or not?

Quote by CodeMonk

Quote by phayzze

I got super busy with school, and I still am, so I haven't had time to record anything for the Doom round. Sorry lads, but I have to call it quits until at least December 13th if you all want to continue. This lasted much longer than I expected, and we could just postpone it until people can come back if there is still interest in the game. Just a thought.
Quote by Senor Kristian
I think about trying to record a riff and get this started again just about everyday, but I'm just way too fucking busy with school right now as well.