Hey everyone this is my first time in the UG Forums, and I just wanted to ask a quick question to get some opinions.

What would be some of your favorite Compression pedals? I'm primarily a hard rock/metal guitarists first and foremost, but I'm also apart of a Jazz combo too. I'm thinking of adding one compression pedal to my live rig, but I wasn't sure. I thought I'd turn to you guys for some opinions.

Thank you,

Cole
I have heard some good things about the MXR Dyno Comp before. I think I'm going to check that one out since it's a little cheaper than the Wampler.
The Dyna comp is decent enough by all accounts. Good little unit for the price.
philosphers tone, CMAT mods, VFE white horse

fo on this site, select compressor ,search price from low tp high, and pull up youtube.

http://www.prymaxevintage.com/categories/Effects/Compressor/?sort=priceasc&page=1

same whit this one
http://proguitarshop.com/effects/compression-pedals.html?dir=asc&order=price

oh yeah, Xotics makes a good compresor for about 130.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Last edited by ikey_ at Aug 18, 2013,
Though it's not a pedal (damn I wrote it wasn't a compressor, sorry for the typo), the Alesis 3632 can be operated with a footswitch and is more versatile than any pedal compressor I've ever seen.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Last edited by Spambot_2 at Aug 19, 2013,
Hey man, best comps out there at a semi reasonable pricepoint are:

Pigtronix Philospher's Tone

Wampler Ego

Earthquaker Devices Warden

Diamond Comp

Empress Comp

Fromel Velvet Vice

Xotic SP

They are in no particular order, each are a little bit different. Like the dude above me said whip up Youtube and see what you like the best
I am about to buy a philosopher's tone myself. Awesome Comp pedal