Page 1 of 3
whoomit
1,492 IQ
Quote by Explorerbuilder

Is that just a straight up butt joint there?

Looks too central to be a scarf?

Edit: Never mind, I think it's just the angle of the picture right?
whoomit
1,492 IQ
Quote by Explorerbuilder
Yes, just the angle. Come on man, gotta trust me more than that!

Well my first thought was "no way!!!".

Then my second thought was "If Explorerbuilder's doing it then it must be safe!"
Deledhel
633 IQ
Sweet mother of God. Is that what they call burl buckeye?? Do you ship to Europe?
Phoenix V
Registered MUser
715 IQ
Astounding grains in all of those. Just as much a work of art as they are functional guitars. Probably more so
'It takes 100 guitar players to change a light. One to change the light and 99 to stand around pointing, saying..."Yeah man, look...I can do that too"...'

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100
Explorerbuilder
3,172 IQ
Well, i have been working non stop on all these guitars, and yet it feels like i have gotten nowhere the past few months.
I have messed up on 5 consecutive guitars, taking away every bit of profit and reputation i have.

The burl one came out great as far as build quality. But i sanded through the epoxy and then it never looked the same. I will have to re sand the entire thing and probably sand through the veneer.

In short,
hating guitar building SO much. Times like this where i wish i was gifted in a different area.

I'll take some pictures of an ash explorer i am working on tomorrow.
Phoenix V
Registered MUser
715 IQ
If great quality guitar building was easy then everyone would do it and then the art of guitar building would just be mundane. The fact that it isn't easy makes a quality guitar luthiers work something to behold. A good luthier has value.

But like anything you throw yourself into, you're going to have dark days. It's a fact of life and it's gonna happen even to the best of the best.

Chin up man. While I like to tinker about here and there, I wish I could do what you guys do.
'It takes 100 guitar players to change a light. One to change the light and 99 to stand around pointing, saying..."Yeah man, look...I can do that too"...'

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100
Last edited by Phoenix V at Sep 16, 2013,
whoomit
1,492 IQ
Quote by Explorerbuilder
Well, i have been working non stop on all these guitars, and yet it feels like i have gotten nowhere the past few months.
I have messed up on 5 consecutive guitars, taking away every bit of profit and reputation i have.

The burl one came out great as far as build quality. But i sanded through the epoxy and then it never looked the same. I will have to re sand the entire thing and probably sand through the veneer.

In short,
hating guitar building SO much. Times like this where i wish i was gifted in a different area.

I'll take some pictures of an ash explorer i am working on tomorrow.

That really sucks. At least you haven't got the pressure of commissioned builds.
J_W
65 IQ
On this new shaped one, doesn't your arm rest right about where the point is on the top edge of the body?
J_W
65 IQ
Quote by Explorerbuilder
No sir, you cant even feel its there. The bevel is so steep it feels like a roundover.

Cool, I don't like the shape as much as your explorers but I always like seeing new shapes. Good work as always.
N_J_B_B
Nicko.
1,326 IQ
Lawn's looking a bit tatty explorer

I really like the contrast of the body/neck woods. This one will be nice once it's oiled up!
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Lavatain
5150 III Enthusiast
1,229 IQ
Love the look of that ash dyed black! Great job on the redwood too, looks absolutely stunning. Do you ever take requests on builds? Or just build what you like and rely on a buyer? For instance would you create a non-reverse headstock if someone requested that on a build?
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
N_J_B_B
Nicko.
1,326 IQ
Nope.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Deledhel
633 IQ
Absolutely not... In fact, you should relocate your business to Europe :-)
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar
1,110 IQ
Quote by Explorerbuilder
You guys getting bored?

We could never get bored of looking at these.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Phoenix V
Registered MUser
715 IQ
Damn that is hot.

What finish did you use over the black? Is it a matt clear?

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100