Just wondering if there is an affordable bass cab out there that would be best suited for my les paul? I primarily play in C (Black Sabbath, The Sword, QOTSA, High on Fire etc). And as far as pedals go I use a dunlop crybaby with fasel, marshall compressor, and a mxr phase 90. (Not that I think that matters) Just*would*like some input thanks
Why not get a guitar cab that can actually handle those tunings.

What is your:
Budget?
Location?
current amp/gear?
New or used?

The old Marshall MF400 4x12 cab would be great, the Krank rev 4x12 is another good option. A used Mesa Recto 4x12 is also doable.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Most 4x12s will do a pretty deep nose-dive around 100Hz (bearing in mind that a standard low E is 81 Hz). Moreover, most 4x12s with a 100W tube head won't have enough power to push those notes without being muddy or farting out. Remember that most 4x12s are pretty much identical as far as the cabinets go, with the main difference the speakers in them.

There ARE affordable bass cabinets, but you're going to need the power to run them. Generally a 100W tube amp will suffice for bedroom use, but your bottom end will disappear when you try to crank the volume to traditional gigging levels.

One of the more surprising (both for performance and affordability) is the Carvin LS1503. This is actually more of a PA cabinet with a single 15" LF driver, a 6" mids and a horn tweeter. It'll handle up to 600W of power, but it'll reproduce bass guitar frequencies pretty well. At around $269, it's a steal. Picking up an HD1500 power amp at the same time won't break the bank and it will give you reproduction of whatever your guitar can generate. There have been some folks who've used these for a time as a bass cabinet, and they've found that they CAN make it fart out if they feed it too much power. But at that point you should be looking at the *real* bass cabinets (expect to pay about $1000 and up) with Eminence Kappalite 3015LFs, 18Sound (or Faital) 5" and 6" mids drivers. A well designed cabinet (like those from greenboy, barefacedbass, etc.) will handle loads of power and the LF drivers won't fart out.
Not really trying to replicate Josh in anyway, but I really do dig his tones and that's kind of where I got the idea to use a bass amp for my guitar.

I've got an Epi Les Paul with Manlius Fat Diane Paf Neck, and Hot Rod 59 bridge. I also split the Neck pickup for some seriously overpowering single coil tones(Idea I snagged from J.Page) I will be getting a Fuzz in the future. More than likely the pharaoh from Black arts toneworks. I currently have a Vox Valvetronix Vt40 that I use at home. But I find if I don't use my compressor when I get heavy it gets farty. My Lp has decent bottom end.

I'm planning to start a Doom/Sludge/Stoner Metal band here in the future and want/need a gigging amp.
I used to play through an Acoustic 4x10 and an Ashdown 1x15. Bass cabs are the best for math rock.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
If your going to do that style of music, look at the Laney AOR they are really cheap used and they are great doom/stoner amps

And when I think doom, I would get a cab with G12H30 type speakers personally
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
If your going to do that style of music, look at the Laney AOR they are really cheap used and they are great doom/stoner amps

And when I think doom, I would get a cab with G12H30 type speakers personally

this.
banned