hi all. i was also looking at the fender squier stratocaster.
i played this at messed with this at guitar center it had kinda a nicer sound then the epi lp. what models at rondo are the fender copys are they the sx models thanks
and are they full size guitars
Never go to Rondo or SX for guitars. Just don't do it. I've never had a good experience with either one of them, and all of my guitar friends have said the exact same thing as me. Go to GC, look in the used area, try to find a used Squier strat for like $75 to $100, and plug it into an amp to make sure everything is working. Heck, you could find a NEW Squier at GC for like $120 for a normal strat, or $99 for a 3/4 size! I got my strat for $40, but there are a few problems with it, so don't go too low unless you are doing what I'm doing and customizing it. Just go with Squier, you will be happier with it. And try not to get one with a tremolo, they are kinda hard to deal with, and the only way to fix it is to deck (block) the tremolo system by screwing the springs all the way back, which neutralizes the tremolo, and will even give you better sustain.
"Go roll around in your sic."- Corey Taylor

Firm hater of the Les Paul. Fan of the Iceman.

You just can't have enough guitars. It is impossible for that to happen.
Last edited by Bones2 at Aug 18, 2013,
Quote by Bones2
Never go to Rondo or SX for guitars. Just don't do it.

I've bought several guitars from there and have had good experiences. Including the SX Hawk which when I got it was $79. That thing was pretty good and I actually traded it off for a Ibanez RG5EX1 and the guy loved it.
A Squier Classic Vibe is probably going to be a lot higher quality than an SX strat knockoff. Same for Squier Vintage Modified.

They're really not that much more money.