Page 1 of 2
So I go to a school that is 96% Jocks and Swag Fags (or sheep as I call them) and with school starting in a few days I thought I should start learning the song now.

Lets just say I stick out like a sore thumb, so I was thinking of playing and singing a song at the senior talent show for one last flip off to all them.

The number one song I was thinking of playing is "Pork and Beans" by Weezer any other suggestions ?
Last edited by pigeyman at Aug 18, 2013,
Earth's Seven Angels.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Banjocal
Earth's Seven Angels.

I think it's a bit short for a talent show.
Quote by Nyhm
I think it's a bit short for a talent show.
Alright in that case maybe try Dopesmoker
Quote by EndTheRapture51
teenage dirtbag by wheetus. it's perfect for you.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
You just sound like a dick to be honest, thinking that you're better than everyone else. Lol at playing Pork and Beans, what a great way to flip them off! They'll just laugh at you or they won't even notice the lyrics.
Try teenagers by My Chem its pretty much a rip off of smells like teen spirit and it'll get "the sheep" to like you
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Through the fire and the flames on expert
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Quote by entity0009
"I'm a Pretentious Turd" by Wah Wah and the Whiners

It's like they've taken everything that is wrong with modern metal/core and put it into one horrific video
u just can't into mathcore

plen

but yeah it's an acquired taste but it's really nothing like mainstream generic metalcore. listen to Insects for a more accurate representation of their work. Weedily dissonant heaven.

EDIT: linky
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Last edited by Banjocal at Aug 18, 2013,
Quote by Banjocal
u just can't into mathcore

plen

but yeah it's an acquired taste but it's really nothing like mainstream generic metalcore. listen to Insects for a more accurate representation of their work. Weedily dissonant heaven.

EDIT: linky

I liked literally 2 seconds of that whole thing and that was the little break at 2:05
🙈 🙉 🙊
Mathcore isn't for you then
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal
Mathcore isn't for you then

Yeah, not this stuff anyway
🙈 🙉 🙊
What sort of stuff do you normally like? I can throw a few things your way you might like if you want.

(I know this is off-topic but let's face it giving recs is a better function than giving OP attention)
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Well I prefer groove over speed, and uh...evolving dissonance if that makes any sense? Like, which doesn't sound like it's being used for the sake of being dissonant but which actually has some kind of tension/release effect in a song.

Anything which can go from fast grooves to slow apocalyptic riffage in one song gets instant approval from me as well.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Belzebong
Brainoil - Death Of A Dry Season
Zu
And So I Watch You From Afar
Monarch - Sabbat Noir II
Barn Owl - Into The Red Horizon
Master Musicians Of Bukkake - In The Twilight Of Kali Yuga
Elder - Spires Burn
Neu!
BATS
Serious Beak -Tuī / Tuō

Assuming you dig rock and metal, that is.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal
Belzebong
Brainoil - Death Of A Dry Season
Zu
And So I Watch You From Afar
Monarch - Sabbat Noir II
Barn Owl - Into The Red Horizon
Master Musicians Of Bukkake - In The Twilight Of Kali Yuga
Elder - Spires Burn
Neu!
BATS
Serious Beak -Tuī / Tuō

Assuming you dig rock and metal, that is.

I already know 50% of these, will check the others out though Zu is amazing.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Ok let's break out the big guns...

Bong
Gnod
Judd Madden
Thou
Mizmor
Bondage Fruit
Unexpect
Gaul
Fleshpress
Seven Nautical Miles
Headdress
Aethyr
Rotten Sound
Abominable Putridity
Car Bomb
Amia Venera Landscape
Koenjihyakkei

and props on Zu because they're massively under-appreciated.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Play Jordan by Buckethead, that'll show them the products of all the hours you have spent on practicing guitar while they were hanging out, drinking and being sheep...

...wait, you can't play it? Oh, well. At least you have spent all the hours in your life on practicing guitar. That should be cool on its own, I guess.
Quote by ChemicalFire
You get my first ever lolstack

The image in my head is just too funny for words at this point

Aw yeah.
Quote by pigeyman
So I go to a school that is 96% Jocks and Swag Fags (or sheep as I call them) and with school starting in a few days I thought I should start learning the song now.

Lets just say I stick out like a sore thumb, so I was thinking of playing and singing a song at the senior talent show for one last flip off to all them.

The number one song I was thinking of playing is "Pork and Beans" by Weezer any other suggestions ?

> Swag Fags
> Fags

pig.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Quote by Banjocal
Ok let's break out the big guns...

Bong
Gnod
Judd Madden
Thou
Mizmor
Bondage Fruit
Unexpect
Gaul
Fleshpress
Seven Nautical Miles
Headdress
Aethyr
Rotten Sound
Abominable Putridity
Car Bomb
Amia Venera Landscape
Koenjihyakkei

and props on Zu because they're massively under-appreciated.

Hehehe Gnod is dong backwards

Heard much less from this list, Car Bomb I have heard and was relatively impressed because I don't normally go in for that kind of thing. Bong and Unexpect are good. I have this feeling I have listened to Koenjihyakkei because the weirdness of the name rings some kind of bell.
🙈 🙉 🙊
TS is butthurt because he is not only a loser, but he is not anymore unique or individual as any of those "sheep" that he despises so much. Now TS seeks one last ditch effort to try and show them all that he is not as worthless as they all (correctly) assumed and wants the spotlight (and more importantly, to be "cool") just this one time before leaving them all forever for a life of mediocrity.

If you really want "one last flip off to all them" then you are an immature asshole that is no better (and probably worse) than "they" are. Honestly just don't show up and make an ass out of yourself. If you really insist on showing up, do a Sunn O))) or Khanate cover with tons of extra feedback and extra volume.

Either that or play "You Can't Say Cunt in Canada" by Kevin Bloody Wilson and change "Canada" to your school's name or "talent show" in the lyrics. That would probably get more laughs from immature students and anger from parents and teachers, and it might get you in a lot of trouble.

If you just want to look cool for once, then either be cliched and sing a cheesy pop song that everybody knows (Taylor Swift or something) or an old douchebag singer/songwriter standby such as "Hallelujah" with your acoustic guitar. "Yesterday" is also another great douchebag classic. The thing to keep in mind is that no matter how "cool" you think your generic entry-level high school mainstream alternative music is... well it really just isn't and so nobody will really care.

If you want to look cool without being a douchebag, your other option there is to play some instrumental piece. Keep in mind that electric guitar is pretty awful unaccompanied in most cases, so really do an instrumental that either intended to be accompanied or is traditionally done acoustically. Ideally something that is fingerpicked is great because that impresses people. Really doing an uptempo bluegrass tune would be ideal.

I feel like those would both be way hard for you to tackle, especially at the last minute, since I'm guessing you probably can only strum chords and sing off key.

You could also try some other instrumental guitar tunes. Doing a classical guitar style rendition of any well known classical or soundtrack piece would certainly go over well if it was super recognizable. Maybe like a solo guitar arrangement of... I really don't know what movies or TV shows are relevant to high school kids today. If you were a few years older I would suggest like... a medley of old Nicktoon themes (Doug, Rugrats, etc) or like Star Wars or a generic Steven Spielberg/John Williams medley, but kids your age probably wouldn't know those.

Again, I'm not sure how up you would be to doing that.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
If you really want "one last flip off to all them" then you are an immature asshole that is no better (and probably worse) than "they" are. Honestly just don't show up and make an ass out of yourself. If you really insist on showing up, do a Sunn O))) or Khanate cover with tons of extra feedback and extra volume.

DON'T BELITTLE THE GLORY OF KHANATE
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I think you should write your own song about being a dark and mysterious individual who doesn't suscribe to the agenda of 'Swag fags' and jocks.

That'll teach em!

Or just play Toy Story like the poster above suggested.
goddamn kids these days by every time I die
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Page 1 of 2