Page 1 of 2
In the intro, all I could hear over those chords were

'MAH LAAF IS BRILLIANT,

MAH LAAF IS PEYUUURE'

Anyways, hardly original. Cookie cutter 'singer-songwriter' (God I hate tht term) song with lazy lyrics. Girls will love it because your hair goes in 1D.
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at Aug 18, 2013,
I skipped forward past your singing and heard the lyrics "So I found you and you're beautiful" and immediately turned off the video because my left hand was already clenched and ready to punch through my monitor.

This is shit. I don't even have to listen to the whole thing, I heard three notes and already know it's shit.

The choice of notes, the choice of lyrics, the choice of chords, everything about those couple of seconds I heard scream "this song is going to piss you off with its shittiness".
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Anyways, hardly original. Cookie cutter 'singer-songwriter' (God I hate tht term) song with lazy lyrics. Girls will love it because your hair goes in 1D.

Stop this bullshit
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Eh?

The criticism 'cookie cutter' is such utter nonsense it's sickening.
Quote by willT08
The criticism 'cookie cutter' is such utter nonsense it's sickening.

Wat.

"Uninspired", "cliché", "boring", "formulaic" etc. etc.

That's what "cookie cutter" means, how is that nonsense?
Quote by CoreysMonster

"Uninspired"
Nigh on meaningless when it comes to music
"cliché"
Might as well write "Definitely works"
"boring"
Nothing to do with whether it's 'cookie cutter' or not
"formulaic"
>music
>formulaic

Duh, there are set ways to do things that sound good.
Well then you might as well strike every form of criticism from the list of valid things to say because "Music is subjective, maaaan."

It's not interesting and sounds like a dozen other songs. Is that a valid thing to say?
TBH I liked your intro because a little qt and at least modest and friendly.

the song?

generic. predictable progression and the freeze pedal is far too loud in the mix. Your voice is smooth enough but it's nothing interesting. You have the technique but there is nothing there of creative value.

so ignore the children saying "omg it's the most terrible thing ever" because it isn't. But you need to stop listening to Ed Sheeran and write some stuff that's a little more experimental and has more depth; the lyrics are cringing.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
yeah dude next time post in the right forum if you want serious responses. if you post a self promotion in the pit people will immediately hate you and everything you do.
just some advice
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
Quote by CoreysMonster
Well then you might as well strike every form of criticism from the list of valid things to say because "Music is subjective, maaaan."

It's not interesting and sounds like a dozen other songs. Is that a valid thing to say?

Regardless, it's marketable.
Quote by MakinLattes
That's irrelevant to the actual quality of the music.

inb4 "it's popular so it must be good"
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Honestly, OP, that was pretty gay. Enjoy the attention from teeny girls until you turn 23 and become uninteresting.

EDIT: Will, stop it. You're sounding like a major doucher here. Cookie-Cutter is a perfectly apt term because everyone who reads it knows EXACTLY what is meant by it. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's invalid. Chill, bud.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Aug 18, 2013,
Quote by MakinLattes

I am a firm believer of the idea that not only redundant boring things can be marketable.
I was just trying to add some positivity to this thread. I don't know what I was thinking.
Ryan's mad he has more views on youtube than him.

Hey Banjocal, what's up?
Quote by JustRooster

EDIT: Will, stop it. You're sounding like a major doucher here. Cookie-Cutter is a perfectly apt term because everyone who reads it knows EXACTLY what is meant by it. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's invalid. Chill, bud.

Everybody knows what I mean if I say "oooh that's so generic"

Still cringe every time I hear it as a criticism
Quote by JustRooster
Ryan's mad he has more views on youtube than him.
Hey Banjocal, what's up?

No he doesn't

And I'm not mad, I'm just upset at kids being boring with their music.
Quote by willT08
Everybody knows what I mean if I say "oooh that's so generic"

Still cringe every time I hear it as a criticism

I know what you mean. I hate the word 'intrinsic.'
Quote by MakinLattes
Still not as bad as "networking".

Man, all my loser friends say that. I guess I never realized.
Quote by JustRooster
Hey Banjocal, what's up?

Not much, you?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by hriday_hazarika
It's something Paul Allen would say.

Just because Paul Allen would say it doesn't make it wrong. "Networking" is nothing but "getting to know people".

Heck, you and I have each other on Facebook, that's technically "networking".
Quote by CoreysMonster
How is "networking" a bad work?

Business networking specifically. It's a buzzword, like "verbiage," "pseudointellectual," and "buzzword".

I have been hearing it a lot this summer and I am about to slap someone upside the head if they tell me I need to "network" one more time.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Aug 18, 2013,
Quote by CoreysMonster
Just because Paul Allen would say it doesn't make it wrong.

'Cookie cutter' is something Ian would say. That doesn't make it wrong, but...
Quote by MakinLattes
Business networking specifically. It's a buzzword, like "verbiage," "pseudointellectual," and "buzzword".

Ah, marketing. The bane of... well, pretty much everything.

Quote by willT08
'Cookie cutter' is something Ian would say. That doesn't make it wrong, but...

"it" is also something Ian would say.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Just because Paul Allen would say it doesn't make it wrong. "Networking" is nothing but "getting to know people".

Heck, you and I have each other on Facebook, that's technically "networking".

It'd be networking if we were working for different companies and had to use each other's assets or something.

I like to think of the people on my Facebook as friends.
Quote by hriday_hazarika
It'd be networking if we were working for different companies and had to use each other's assets or something.

I like to think of the people on my Facebook as friends.

Maybe I'm too used to the game industry, but in my line of work, everybody you meet that is talented or good at what they do, they get put into the category of "Is talented/fun/intelligent, would talk to again and possibly contract with work", and the same happens to yourself. It's not mean-spirited, and everybody always tries to help each other, but the simple fact of the matter is, you are judged by what you can do, and how eager you are to learn. That's networking.

Quote by MakinLattes
I guess Ryan only thinks of us as people he can use.

Oh hush. This is industry-relevant only.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Aug 18, 2013,
Quote by CoreysMonster

"it" is also something Ian would say.

You're not getting it at all because you're the kind of person who'd say 'networking' and 'dynamism' and 'optimization' without a second thought
Page 1 of 2