Alright I have a problem. There are two strings that I can't use the fine tuner on. I have a IbanezRG350MH, basically a 350DX/EX type guitar, same hardware, same EdgeII/III whichever it is.

If I were to describe it to you, the only thing I can say is that the fine tuners are unresponsive for the little E and my D string. not to mention when it has no strings on it, the two pieces that the string actually fits into rattle. They rattle and it makes me nervous.

How Do I fix it? What would make my fine tuners not work for these 2 strings only ;s

I am just about to put new strings on it, the information would be delightful to have while I am restringing. A photo would be too difficult, basically the D holding nut and the E holding nut are also slightly raised.
You may need to get some sort of cleaner onto it. Sounds like there's a lot of gunk going on. Mate of mine's floyd would only go so far and he barely plays it or even moves the things. I figured that was always his problem, that he never used it so dust just got trapped or something like that. It was an OFR for god sake.

Anyway, yeah, if you can get the fine tuners out by loosening them so much so, then do that and try and clean it out a bit.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Are you sure the screw is actually moving up or down? sounds like they could be striped and are just turning in place.
Quote by D_M_I
Are you sure the screw is actually moving up or down? sounds like they could be striped and are just turning in place.

100% sure. i can tune the fine tuners all the way up/all the way down but nothin at all happens
And the fine tuner screw is actually making contact with the arm on the saddle the whole time? Not just stuck down or something like that? Because I don't really see any way the fine tuner would have no effect at all unless the saddle arm were stuck all the way down.
Quote by 4FunandProphet
And the fine tuner screw is actually making contact with the arm on the saddle the whole time? Not just stuck down or something like that? Because I don't really see any way the fine tuner would have no effect at all unless the saddle arm were stuck all the way down.

what do you mean good sir?

anybody able to tell me what Prophet meant
There is a lever/arm that comes underneath the screws. The screws adjust it's position up or down, which changes the tuning of the string.

If the bottom of the screw is not touching anything, it will not work and you have other issues to fix.