I've been watching this show lately. For those who haven't heard of it, this guy goes to bars who are struggling with business, finds out what they're doing wrong, and helps them out (rather abrasively in the process).

Anyone seen it? Here's an episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78BjeUme0GU

Discuss.
Last edited by The Madcap at Aug 19, 2013,
Kitchen Nightmares but for bars...? Down to the commentator, editing and effects.

Intriguing

edit:
DAT MOLD
Last edited by PapaKooLay at Aug 19, 2013,
Quote by PapaKooLay
Kitchen Nightmares but for bars...?

Intriguing
Only reason I watched the occasional episode of Kitchen Nightmares was because of Gordon Ramsay

This show seems lame
ggg1 ggg3

Love this show.. One of my favorites. The bar owners are always dumb SOBs tho. But it makes for some easy watching
Quote by behind_you
Only reason I watched the occasional episode of Kitchen Nightmares was because of Gordon Ramsay

This show seems lame
I think it's pretty entertaining. I mean, like all reality shows you'll have parts of it that seem staged, but other than that it's pretty cool seeing him chew out shitty employees/managers.
I actually found some episodes of the Kitchen Nightmares from England. I like them better than the US version because Ramsey does the voice over work himself.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by Black Ox
Yea, Kitchen Nightmares is better, but this show's not bad. The pirate bar was some bologna.

this

i like both but i'd rather watch gordon

I find the fact that this type of show gets enough ratings to be financially sustainable rather depressing.

Why do people watch this dreck? It's degrading to everyone involved- the people filming, being filmed, and those watching.
There's another similar show (not with Gordon Ramsay) where a guy goes to restaurants and tells them all the shit they're doing wrong with hidden cameras and such.
"This one is machine and nerve, and has its mind concluded
This one is but flesh and faith, and is the more deluded."
I liked Gordon Ramsay's earlier work when he was nice and stuff before the marketers realised he could be all angry and basically built a brand around him shouting at people and giving a complete misrepresentation of how he was
Quote by Spaztikko
I liked Gordon Ramsay's earlier work when he was nice and stuff before the marketers realised he could be all angry and basically built a brand around him shouting at people and giving a complete misrepresentation of how he was

Have you watched boiling point? Gordo's demeanor isn't a brand built by marketing.
Quote by Spaztikko

My understanding is that he's brutal in the kitchen but he's quite a nice guy when there's no pressure and is a great teacher.

EDIT: I think that his "brand" that focuses on his temper in the kitchen is hyped up a lot more for American audiences. I think he has other show's in England that don't focus on his temper.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at Aug 19, 2013,
Some of the episodes look staged (the bar owner in denver comes to mind and the gay owner in vegas). But it is entertaining.
I like the show. It's pretty good. I prefer Kitchen Nightmares mostly because I like Ramsay more than I like Jon Taffer. It's not a bad show though.
He should help bring my town's bar out of the shithole. It's attached to a gorgeous hall that used to have all sorts of events but now just rots
I enjoy it. Though i hear most of the owners change everthing back and most of the places still go out of business
Put on some Janet Jackson plz
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown