From my understanding I could be wrong here, the guys in ckY uses these octave pedals, Boss OC-2 or OC-3.

I don't have one of these pedals on my Boss GT-6, I do however have a Pitch shifter, and a Harmonist effect. Could I use one of them to get closer to the cKy tone as far the the octave effect goes? The thing is I have no idea on how I dial in those effects.
I think Octave 1 or voice 1 is at 100% & Octave 2 or voice 2 is at 50% on the Boss OC-2 and I think they tune their guitar down one whole step. I'd really appreciate any help I can get on this, thanks.
Last edited by Hckey# at Aug 19, 2013,
The boss Octaver is NOT a pitch shifter.
It reads the pitch of the note you play and makes a synthetic tone (square wave) 1 or 2 octaves down from that pitch.

You can get a similar sound with a pitch shifter, but it's definitely not the same as an octaver.

Overview:
Pitch shifter - Takes the input signal and PROCESSES it to a new pitch.
Octaver like OC-2/OC-3 - Reads the input signal and makes a synth tone 1 or 2 octaves down.
Last edited by Clay-man at Aug 19, 2013,
Quote by Clay-man
The boss Octaver is NOT a pitch shifter.
It reads the pitch of the note you play and makes a synthetic tone (square wave) 1 or 2 octaves down from that pitch.

You can get a similar sound with a pitch shifter, but it's definitely not the same as an octaver.

Overview:
Pitch shifter - Takes the input signal and PROCESSES it to a new pitch.
Octaver like OC-2/OC-3 - Reads the input signal and makes a synth tone 1 or 2 octaves down.

Ok, so I am somewhat screwed to the wall here in regards to that tone.
I can get a similar sound, do you know how I would need to dial the knobs on my GT6? I just do not get it, and the manual is like even less at help.
For something like CKY, you'd need 1 octave down, mix at 50% wet 50% dry.

So you have the original guitar and an octave down tone. That's how CKY does it. I used to play some of their music on my guitar.
Quote by Clay-man
For something like CKY, you'd need 1 octave down, mix at 50% wet 50% dry.

So you have the original guitar and an octave down tone. That's how CKY does it. I used to play some of their music on my guitar.

Thanks man!