Does a low e string have a longer scale than a hi e because of compensation? WHat is the scale length of a low e string alone on a 25.5 scale?
Unless you are playing a guitar with fanned frets the scale length is equal on all strings.
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
Well, the saddles obvious have slight compensation, but it's hardly much, it varies by string gauge, action, string height, truss rod and so on. If you look at a guitar with fan frets, each string is drastically different, the nut and the bridge are both angled for perfect intonation. Otherwise, it's very minute differences.
I just googled fan frets. Those look really difficult to play. Do they actually offer perfect intonatioin?
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Quote by tas38
I just googled fan frets. Those look really difficult to play. Do they actually offer perfect intonatioin?

They are actually pretty easy to play. And yes they will intonate better than a standard guitar. But there is a special compensated nut that will help a regular 6/7 string reach "perfect" (or as close as a guitar will alow). They are made buy www.earvana.com and they make different ones for different scale lengths
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
$40 is pretty reasonable if it works.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Quote by tas38
$40 is pretty reasonable if it works.

They work. My brother-n-law has one on his strat and his SG.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Well, it won't be as good as fanned frets, but it can help, especially with acoustics, g strings seem to be hell on nylon and steel strings.
Quote by Velcro Man
Well, it won't be as good as fanned frets, but it can help, especially with acoustics, g strings seem to be hell on nylon and steel strings.

correct, but it is better than a standard nut
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The Earvana on my EC-1000 really doesn't provide me with any notably different tuning/intonation experiences than any of my other guitars. Just my experience, I don't see what the big deal is supposed to be at all about it.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X