Page 1 of 3
If you don't know who Glenn Greenwald is, he's the man who published Snowden's documents and leaks on the Guardian.

His Brazilian partner, David Miranda, was detained in the Heathrow UK border for 9 hours under schedule 7 of the Terrorism Act 2000. Miranda is a journalist who has been reporting on US surveillance programs.

Over 97% of detained examinations don't last over an hour. Again, he was detained for 9 hours.

He was confiscated of all electronic devices. Laptop, phone, etc.

He was denied a lawyer.

The Brazilian government is, naturally, pissed off, claiming there is no justification for the use of such legislation.

In summary, we've come to the stage where it's implied that questioning surveillance of citizens is considered terrorism.

"There is simply no basis for believing that David Michael Miranda presents any threat whatsoever to the UK government. The only possible intent behind this detention was to harass him and his partner, Guardian journalist Glenn Greenwald, for his role in analysing the data released by Edward Snowden."

Discuss.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/18/glenn-greenwald-guardian-partner-detained-heathrow
Quote by macashmack
What's Brazil going to do about it?
I say it's high time for a revolution, don't you?

They have asked that it not be done again.

This is fairly obviously ****ed up and a clear violation of the freedom of Journalists to challenge the government. These laws should however never have been passed in the first place given that this was the almost inevitable result of having them.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
The NSA can go fuck itself.

The US government can go fuck itself.

Russia can go fuck itself.

Let's all just become Norway.
Quote by Philip_pepper

The Brazilian government is, naturally, pissed off, claiming there is no justification for the use of such legislation.

That's what they want you to think. The Brazilian govt. along with most governments in the world will suck the USAs dick.

I'm not a conspiracy guy by any means but logically Brazil ain't gonna / can't do shit.
Snowden committed the Ultimate Crime, he proved beyond a doubt Obama was a liar and embarrassed him publicly.

There is no where for him or his accomplices to hide. Obama will have his revenge.
Quote by CoreysMonster

Let's all just become Sweden.

ftfy
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by CoreysMonster

Let's all just become Norway.

I like the way you think.
Sorry Britain but there's only room enough for one country to be the world police, and that country's name is America.
you don't understand, it's for your safety because of terurism

muslim and russians will blow yuo up if you don't accept what NSA and USA does

now get back to work
Quote by seabear70
Snowden committed the Ultimate Crime, he proved beyond a doubt Obama was a liar and embarrassed him publicly.

There is no where for him or his accomplices to hide. Obama will have his revenge.

Obama and Snowden will have a final climatic battle atop Mt. Rushmore.
USA is not the land of the free. Typical that britain act as their bitch again.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
**** that.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by macashmack
What's Brazil going to do about it?
I say it's high time for a revolution, don't you?

They'll disqualify England and the US from the World Cup.

Suck on dem nuts!
Quote by Philip_pepper
If you don't know who Glenn Greenwald is, he's the man who published Snowden's documents and leaks on the Guardian.

His Brazilian partner, David Miranda, was detained in the Heathrow UK border for 9 hours under schedule 7 of the Terrorism Act 2000. Miranda is a journalist who has been reporting on US surveillance programs.

Over 97% of detained examinations don't last over an hour. Again, he was detained for 9 hours.

He was confiscated of all electronic devices. Laptop, phone, etc.

He was denied a lawyer.

In summary, we've come to the stage where it's implied that questioning surveillance of citizens is considered terrorism.

Discuss.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/18/glenn-greenwald-guardian-partner-detained-heathrow

You sound like a terrorist
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by AmirT

muslim and russians will blow yuo up if you don't accept what NSA and USA does

To be fair the idea of Muslim groups attacking western countries is absolutely laughable
Quote by beefcake122
you unamerican traitors will all get what's coming to you

Traitors would imply we're American in the first place.

I bring up this macro again:

o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by Philip_pepper
They'll disqualify England and the US from the World Cup.

Suck on dem nuts!

I wanted to go
Quote by willT08
To be fair the idea of Muslim groups attacking western countries is absolutely laughable

Hurr durr dey hate us for our freedum!!
I'm actually quite curious as to what you people (will, philip) think causes the islamist extremists to hate the western world.

Because their hatred seems to be only marginally based on foreign policy. In fact, it seems to be more based upon a weird perception of foreign policy that attempts to explain everything the west does as a conspiracy.

Just look the 1994 Bosniak ethnic cleansing, where Clinton ignored a UN resolution and secretly sent weapons to the Bosniaks so they could defend themselves. The information leaked to the world press, and Islamist opinions of the west did not experience any real change.

And let us not forget when we tried to vaccinate Nigeria against polio.
The ****ed up thing is I don't know where to go from here.

My family came to the US to escape a government that pulled this kind of shit. Now that the US is doing it, what's the next safe haven? How long can you live in scandinavian countries before they succumb to this shit, too?

Hot dogs have killed more Americans than terrorists have sine 2001. And half the country still thinks we need to send billions of dollars and thousands of lives into the desert to take out 30 hairy sandy guys training on jungle gyms.

The most likely leftist candidate in the next presidential election, Hilary Clinton, wants to start a war with Iran. This game is rigged.

The whole world is ****ed.
Last edited by Seref at Aug 19, 2013,
Quote by progdude93
I'm actually quite curious as to what you people (will, philip) think causes the islamist extremists to hate the western world.

Well, bin Laden's reasoning is available to read for anyone with an internet connection or an old copy of the Observer from Nov 2002. You can read it through the Guardian here:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2002/nov/24/theobserver

Seems like a decent enough place to start.
Quote by Philip_pepper
Hurr durr dey hate us for our freedum!!

This cliché is played. Please stop using it.
Quote by Philip_pepper
Cliché?

cli·ché
noun \klē-ˈshā, ˈklē-ˌ, kli-ˈ\

Definition of CLICHÉ

: a trite phrase or expression; also : the idea expressed by it

: a hackneyed theme, characterization, or situation

: something (as a menu item) that has become overly familiar or commonplace
This article ██████████████████████ ███████████████████████████████████████████ ███████████ is ███████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████████ wonderful. █████████████████████████████ praise █████████████████████████████████ the ███████████████ United States and████████████████████████████████ Britain ███████.
Quote by Rossenrot
cli·ché

Definition of CLICHÉ

I think he was asking why you think the specific thing he mentioned was cliché.
Quote by RPGoof
This article ██████████████████████ ███████████████████████████████████████████ ███████████ is ███████████████████████ ██████████████████████████████████ wonderful. █████████████████████████████ praise █████████████████████████████████ the ███████████████ United States and████████████████████████████████ Britain ███████.

Can't wait to be able to afford a ticket to Irkutsk and the guts the make my way into the deep forests of Siberia, where the closest bullshit can reach is the distance the wind will carry the nuclear fallout.

Seriously people, the world's population isn't domestic and intelligent, it's domesticated and kept ignorant. I just hope they wake up in time for the grand revolution.
Quote by willT08

Are you implying there's no such thing as 'the enemy'? How silly
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by Rossenrot
cli·ché

Definition of CLICHÉ

I was taking the piss man.
Quote by Seref

Hot dogs have killed more Americans than terrorists have sine 2001. And half the country still thinks we need to send billions of dollars and thousands of lives into the desert to take out 30 hairy sandy guys training on jungle gyms.The whole world is ****ed.

I couldn't help but laugh at that.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Page 1 of 3