I don't like forums. For me they're those places where people start a thread on something and 20 answers later it's about something totally different. You come to a thread to talk about a topic, and the lattest 30 posts are not about the topic that's on the title.

Why do people do that? Do they feel so lonely they have to answer that one off-topic comment made by one person (and make it snowball)?

Aren't forums supposed to be about sharing information and things like that?
A great percentage of forum stuff is not sharing information. It's about other things. Some things like trolling and pointless arguments.

I'm new here...tell me why do forums exist?
wasting time, testing how thick your skin is, finding comfort in knowing that other people are just as _____ as you are
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by takfa
For me they're those places where people start a thread on something and 20 answers later it's about something totally different. You come to a thread to talk about a topic, and the lattest 30 posts are not about the topic that's on the title.

Why do people do that? Do they feel so lonely they have to answer that one off-topic comment made by one person (and make it snowball)?

You must be a riot at parties.
Some threads delve into tangents which are interesting to those involved and usually somewhat related to the original post. It's organic, like a conversation.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Hydra150
... It's organic, like a conversation.

Who visits forums for that? Unless you don't have that in real life, I think it's pointless
What are you doing here?
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by takfa
Who visits forums for that? Unless you don't have that in real life, I think it's pointless

...which is why you're here, talking about how you hate it. If you really don't like it, don't post, doesn't change the fact that people enjoy different things than you.
Quote by takfa
Real life conversation is filled with rhetorics, micropauses and stumbling lies.

On the internet, if someone disagrees with you, they say it to your face screen.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger