I just got an old kramer savnant iii, and the string action on it is a little high. I just need help adjusting the floyd rose. As for the guitar itself, it has a original floyd rose and locking nut, neck is strait (with a little blow, likes its should be), frets are okay, just a little worn down. Its a great guitar.
forgive my grammar
Is it a bolt on neck construction?
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
You should be able to lower it to the point of all the strings touching the frets. Did you try to adjust it with the strings loosened? You don't want to try lowering the floyd without loosening all the strings.
If you really can't get the action low enough you may need to shim the neck. You can do google and YouTube searches on how to shim a neck to help with high action and how it works. I did it for my guitar and it works perfectly.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Quote by Lavatain
If you really can't get the action low enough you may need to shim the neck. You can do google and YouTube searches on how to shim a neck to help with high action and how it works. I did it for my guitar and it works perfectly.

I will also keep that in mind. Thanks!
Quote by Westwaffels
Sorry for the crappy photos
I want to know something else.
Can screw it down far enough to flat-mount it?
Theres no cavity for the floyd, its just kinda floating

Scratch that, i loosend the strings, and all tension. And the post are as far down
its gonna go.
I Will proboly shim the neck. But guitar is in a bit rough shape. Like, some screws are bit rusty. I just got this thing. Oh boy, its been through alot. Not many scratches but a whole lotta dents. I will proboly take it to a luthier to shim it so i dont mess anything up. This my first real experience doing anything like this, and this (from what i can gather) a good, somewhat exspensive guittar.
But thanks who replied, it really means alot. Cheers
That action's not even that high! At least I can't see that it's too high from that one photo that shows it. You also mention it's a non-recess floyd, that's definitely a contributing factor. Most guitars that were using shims were top-mount floyds, definitely explains a lot.
Well, the guitar for some reason is harder to play, i thought the string action was the problem since its not as low as my others and it looked kinda high (to me). I really don't play with ridiculously low action.
The frets are pretty small though, they are a little worn. There not terrible though.
Also, the guitar itself has good feel to it, like a strat neck with a jackson vibe.
Thats no problem, but if its not the height, i dont know why it's hard to play.
Please respond with answer/opinion.