THESE PICS ARE HUGE! I'm so sorry I don't know how to resize them.

Hey UG. You might remember from this craptastic post right here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1597591

I finally got around to posting some pics.

Added a string retainer bar.

Brass spring claw & noiseless springs.

EMG pots, 3-way switch, and beautiful wiring. (Just one EMG 81)

So far I love it! But the licensed Jackson Floyd Rose is leaving something to be desired, or is it just me? It sounds great but the tuning stability is subpar.

Now here's my question.

I plan on buying upgrades from here regardless: http://www.fu-tone.com/catalog/

First of all... will a Floyd Rose Special fit in my guitar?
Jackson JS32R Dinky

Second, would it be a better idea just to stick with the Jackson FR or get a FR Special?

Thanks in advance!
Gear sig... 'cause you know, originality:

Jackson JS32R Dinky (w/EMG 81 and brass parts)
Ovation Applause AE128
Line 6 Spider IV 30 (Cleans are awesome!)
Dunlop GCB95 Original Crybaby Wah
Forgive me for asking but what difference does any of those things make? I understand the noiseless springs totally but I bought some SpringNO tremolo spring silencers for my guitars, one of which is a jackson. The brass block and string retainer don't make much sense to me, I can't see any noticeable tone difference with the brass block becoming apparent and the headstock is already at an angle and is why they don't come stock with retainers.

In any case, it is your guitar and I'm not calling out on you for doing anything stupid, we all like doing our own little mods.

To answer your question about the floyd, do you know which one specifically it is? I have a Jackson KE3 and it has the JT580LP. I have no tuning problems with that whatsoever, but if you are then you could definitely replace your tremolo, I've seen OFRs replace the JT580LPs but you'd need to know what you have to see if the specs line up.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
@Lavatain

I'm not sure, but from pictures it looks like I have a JT580LP. I know for sure I DON'T have a JT-6.
But if an OFR fits, wouldn't a FRS fit?

Ovation Applause AE128
Quote by Explorerbuilder
Referrring to your older post
you can find a string retainer bar for 4 bucks on guitarfetish... you dont have to buy a whole new one for 80...

I got one on Stew-Mac for $2, it's in the pics.

Ovation Applause AE128
Quote by PatrickRBallard
@Lavatain

I'm not sure, but from pictures it looks like I have a JT580LP. I know for sure I DON'T have a JT-6.
But if an OFR fits, wouldn't a FRS fit?

Why would you not just get an OFR?
Quote by J_W
Why would you not just get an OFR?

Because it's overpriced. I can get a FRS and add custom brass and titanium parts for 40% less the cost of an OFR.

Ovation Applause AE128
NO. The floyd special will not fit that cavity. Tried it in my dkmg with a jt580lp just like you and the string lock screws hit the backside of the cavity, you are either going to have to route out a little bit of wood, keep the current trem or buy a Floyd rose pro
???
Last edited by solidrane at Aug 20, 2013,
@solidrane
I had a feeling it wouldn't fit. Thanks, I wouldn't have been sure.

Ovation Applause AE128
Copies of the OFR to the exact dimensions usually won't fit.

I'm not 100% on this but iirc, the gotoh Floyd rose is meant to replace most Floyd roses:
One flat knife edge and one rounded allows for installation on most post spacings.
The string locking screws are shorter to accommodate smaller cavities

The schaller replacement string locking screws seen here:
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar_tremolo_parts/Floyd_Rose_tremolos_and_parts/String_Lock_Screw_for_Floyd_Rose.html
Are significantly shorter than the others which hints at the possibility that the schaller may fit
???
Last edited by solidrane at Aug 21, 2013,